Let us be extreme

Given the option, would you prefer total government or no government?

• Total government (communism, left)

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No government (anarchy, right)

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

Jeslek

Banned
Lets be black and white for a minute. Given the option, would you prefer no government or total government?

i'm pretty liberal and all like, "freedom, yah!"
but i voted communism, because i'm more convinced it works, even if only in theory.
anarchy has a few good points, but may be shot down in seconds in any discussion, as i've experienced.
communism, if it were never corrupted, would be pretty ok, wouldnt it?

I think there will always be some kind of government.
If there isn't someone will start a gang, and that will be the
new government.:(

There's always some power hungary bastich out there.

Somebody, somewhere will become leader, anarchists (who are incredible followers) or other. No vote from me. Not enough choices.

For all the yelling people who think they want anarchy do about personal choice & freedom & such, if you look into their history, you'll find a huge majority are part of groups yelling for todays cause. True anarchists sit in their dark cellars & cogitate on true freedom (wait, that sounds oddly familiar) & lack of government control while finding ways to actually live it.

Interesting moral of the story( of a forgotten story)-if you want to live outside the law, don't break any.

Gonz said:
if you look into their history, you'll find a huge majority are part of groups yelling for todays cause

doesn't this automatically exclude these people from the title anarchist?

an·ar·chy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nr-k)
n. pl. an·ar·chies
Absence of any form of political authority.
Political disorder and confusion.
Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.

Main Entry: an·ar·chist
Pronunciation: 'a-n&r-kist, -"när-
Function: noun
Date: 1678
1 : one who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power
2 : one who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy; especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order

Main Entry: an·ar·chism
Pronunciation: 'a-n&r-"ki-z&m, -"när-
Function: noun
Date: 1642
1 : a political theory holding all forms of governmental authority to be unnecessary and undesirable and advocating a society based on voluntary cooperation and free association of individuals and groups
2 : the advocacy or practice of anarchistic principles

like all good anarchistic ideals, it has several possibilites

i'm missing the "please stop these useless polls" option...

and perhaps it would be nice if you some time took the effort to reply to your own discussions...still waiting in a few threads on replies that will most likely never come.
if you're too afraid to argue, then don't start an arguement.

now, let's start with the kyoto treaty poll....i still have a few unanswered questions over there...perhaps you'd like to take the time to answer those?

or is that too much to ask?

Back