Looks like the war starts tomorrow

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Much closer than we think

Reuters said:
U.S. Orders Diplomats Out of Kuwait, Syria, Israel
Sun March 16, 2003 08:54 PM ET
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The State Department said on Sunday it had ordered non-essential diplomats and all embassy dependents out of Kuwait, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Damascus because of the threat of a possible war with Iraq.
"The decision to move to ordered departure status is a result of an overall assessment of the security situation in the region due to the threat of military action in Iraq," the State Department said in statements announcing the decisions.

Professur

Senario: 2 hours before the UN vote, the allies blow the fuck outta the Iraqi harbours. Then simply let the UN either vote to continue what's already started, or vote themselves into obscurity.

Thoughts?

Astaroth33

Gato_Solo said:
flavio said:
Let's hope the soldiers on both sides stay safe.

Sorry to say it this way, but our job, if war comes, is to kill them, and break their stuff. Their job is to kill us and break our stuff. Not much middle ground there...

Well, actually the job of the US military will be to do what's necessary to win the war, not specifically to kill Iraqis and "break their stuff". Of course, if that's what is needed at any given time, then that's what happens. The goal of war isn't to kill as many of the enemy as you can, it's to get them to do what you want, even if they're willing to kill you or die to prevent you from doing so.

Hopefully a lot of Iraqis will surrender just as they did in '91.

HeXp£Øi±

I don't think so. We're going to have to do a lot of killing again as well. Each Iraqi army unit has a member of the republican guard watching over it. Sure there will be some mass surrenders, but expect to kill at least tens of thousands of Iraqi solders as well. This does not include civilians.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
HeXp£Øi± said:
Is there anything else that needs to be said?

Yep, two nore things...

UNITED NATIONS - The United States, Britain and Spain withdrew their resolution Monday, abandoning efforts to win U.N. backing for a war with Iraq (news - web sites).
and
VIENNA, Austria - In the clearest sign yet that war with Iraq (news - web sites) is imminent, the United States has advised U.N. weapons inspectors to begin pulling out of Baghdad, the U.N. nuclear agency chief said Monday

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
So how long do you think it will take for the inspectors to get out?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Bush is calling for an 8PM EST speech. My guess, he's going to give saddam 72 hours to take his shit & leave. It'll be the same timtable for teh inspectors. War start Thursday.

Professur

PuterTutor said:
So how long do you think it will take for the inspectors to get out?

Three and a half hours, by their own estimates. Their choppers are already outta there.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Gonz said:
Bush is calling for an 8PM EST speech. My guess, he's going to give saddam 72 hours to take his shit & leave. It'll be the same timtable for teh inspectors. War start Thursday.

I bet he don't even give him that. Just letting him know the road to leave Baghdad has been blown up.

HeXp£Øi±

Crude oil prices are falling

And they will continue to fall once we get control of the oil. I think this is something many people just don't get. When i say Bush is after the oil it's not because i think this action is going to raise his share value but so that we'll simply have more sources for oil.

Professur

The first refinery, oil tank, pumping tower, tanker, or looading dock to go up in flames will take the price of a barrel over the $40 mark. No matter who sets it off.

octal

Luis G said:
I'm watching it on the TV right now, only comment he said was that "tomorrow is the last day for diplomacy".

And it also seems that Portugal will join a war on Iraq.

I didn't think Bush ever used diplomacy in this matter. I thought it was all about kicking the dog until we nab Osamar Bin Juju. :retard4: