Loser movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Gonz, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Gonz

Gonz molṑn labé Staff Member

It's got nothing to do with Hollyweird writing crap? They are playing to themselves or putting out roman numeral versions of ysterdays stuff.

Best picture nominees...
    Milk
    The Reader
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    Slumdog Millionaire
    Frost/Nixon....

has anyone seen these? Hell, I've not even heard of two of them. Art house chic does not appeal to the masses, nor does it pay the bills in Los Angeles.

Bloomberg

2. Luis G

Luis G <i><b>Problemator</b></i> Staff Member

I've seen Benjamin Button, it is nice actually.

3. Gonz

They usually are good movies...but the general appeal is just not there

4. IDLEchild

IDLEchild Well-Known Member

Seen Benjamin Button, liked it and saw Slumdog millionaire and liked it. Benjamin Button is a long movie and slumdog didn't get any advertising at first. They only keep mentioning the movie's awards in the adverts, barely show any footage.

5. pc_builder

pc_builder New Member

Heard of Benjamin Button, and Frost/Nixon. Haven't heard of the others, and haven't seen any of them yet.

I still haven't seen No Country For Old Men, which was what, last year's winner? or the year before?

Actually, I tend not to see many, if any, of the films that get nominated every year. It's not because I don't like them. I just have only so much money. And there are lots of movies to see. But thanks to the wonders of DVD, I can see all the ones I missed in the theaters, at my leisure. :D

6. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

I don't think so. A lot of those movies will turn a real nice profit. Not Harry Potter type numbers, but nice ones nonetheless.

7. MrBishop

MrBishop Well-Known Member

Frost/Nixon is a doozie. VERY well done and well acted. I strongly recommend it. I havn't seen any of the others, though I've heard of'em.

8. POStech

POStech New Member

I've only seen Slumdog and it was good. Iron Man is my fav movie this year.

9. Gonz

So far, 3 of them movies have been seen. Point made?

10. Sharky

Sharky New Member

11. Gonz

They're seeing Button & Slumdog (kinda like around here). I'm not saying they're bad...I'm saying the award movies are no longer mass appeal flicks & they're getting seen by fewer & fewer people each year.

Snobbish art house chic or Robomanianc the Slayer IV are the only choices left. So, it's no wonder Hollywood is losing money.

12. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Ah, I got ya. I must have missed your point. :eh:

13. GrandCaravanSE

GrandCaravanSE Active Member

Frost/nixon is great!