MADrin...

HeXp£Øi±

Ok...you had to know i was going to get around to this. I'm just curious what your thoughts are in general on the subject. I stop by the dntk board very seldom these days and when i do it's more just to find out how people are doing than to keep updated on the issue. Since i terminated my position i've found little enjoyment in watching these good people tear each other apart. OrasisIII is an awesome little machine, (haven't used one yet) but it looks great on paper. However i gather Dauphins issues are the same as they ever were in lack of sales.

Just hoping for a brief summery of your thoughts. I'll understand should you choose the route of no comment.

madrin

Dauphin and it's woes

...the problem with Dauphin is that the pricipals seem to have flown the coop to Greece..ostensibly to begin new operations.

The only problem is...we have no idea where the money is coming from to fund the ventures. I mean..yeah..there was always the draw, and whatever was left over from that...and then with the acquisition of UniversalGR there was supposedly some 500K dollars worth of new investment to Dauphin....only if you read on you'll find it apparently went back to UGR in order to purchase some pre orders it made in furtherance of a supposed Greek deal to costruct, outfit, and maintain a "smart home" village....

SHEESH! ...are ya KIDDIN ME??? Dauphin had no dough HERE, so why does anyone think it'll fare any better overseas where the deck is already stacked against it anyway?

I could go ON AND ON here..but you get the idea. It's not JUST lack of sales..it's beyond that . It's incompetence at the top, just as it's always been.

The blind faithful remaining, those who you see torn apart fairly regularly, set themselves up for it because they simply repeat slogans and catch phrases that were legion 4 years ago...same old same old....it's as if they just joined a cult or something. Honestly..it's spooky.

The Orasis 3 is a neat machine, but it isn't made by Dauphin. In fact...it's just a fairly standard tablet that's offered for sale by a few other rebranders. Dauphin made it out to be something that THEY had some input in design. False..they had NOTHING whatsoever to do with it. But the funny thing is, there are som die hards over at RB who will INSIST that it's really a Dauphin product...even in the face of irrefutable evidence to the contrary....

So there ya have it. Dauphin has failed miserably to this point, and it looks like more of the same for the future. It's disappointing really, because they had such a great deal going at the outset...but they butchered it, and it's time everyone recognized it.....

Good lord...the "oraLynx" is the name of their STB....that doesnt sound "technical"...it sounds obscene LOL!

MADrin

HeXp£Øi±

lol. I hear ya. I think when i recognized that i no longer understood what the hell Dauphin was doing i realized it was time to get out. You know what that 'cult' is. Peoples emotions and memories tied up in the issue. Memories of an issue rocketing skywards and falling in love with it. Then it drops down and down and down but you never sell on the way down so you hang on, pretty soon it's gone down so much they dare not sell because you only lose if you sell(Yeesh!). Then everyone who's stuck around is backing each other up to make themselves feel better about the situation. It's sad because speaking generally people are just poor investors(marketwise) and this thing can happen to anyone. Don't keep your emothions entangled with investments. For most of us this is easier said then done since the funds for that investment came through our own blood sweat and tears. Ah well...at least the Dauphinites can't claim to be alone this year.

Oh, and you weren't the only one to cringe and laugh at the same time when they put a name on the stb(i won't say the word).

madrin

I think the biggest problem is that all the people with money finally DID understand what was going on....

....a farce of a business...and bailed...

it is a sad and pathetic situation...

On the bright side...I think my avatar is appearing...

MADrin

BoatDrinks

Why did you have to start this thread? It's rather painful...and I don't think I can make half the symbols in your name....consequently, I'll have to call you Hex.

Is it okay to hate people in here? I need to learn my way around.

BoatDrinks

Q

Oh yes, hating people is perfectly acceptable...and in some cases encouraged. :D

HeXp£Øi±

I started this thread because i dare not ask the question on rb.
Yes it's painful Boat. We've all suffered to some extent over the past couple of years. Some more than others. But we don't have to get caught up on the pain here. This place is for fun.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea what anybody in this thread is talking about. I have no idea who anybody in this thread is. I have no idea.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I know, that's why I'm not seeing you. I only see dead people. Some people call it necrophilia, but I figure as long as I only have sex with them BEFORE their body temperature drops below 90, I'm fine.

:beerbang:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
That didn't take long, it was only what, the 3rd post after my :confuse3: that the thread went OT?

:beerbang:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
BoatDrinks said:
And you can probably reheat the cold ones.
Hey, that gives me an idea... :brow:

Are they like food where you have to throw them out after the 2nd reheat though? :crying3: