Math!!

Jeslek

Banned
:p

Let T: V -> V be a linear operator. Define F(T) to be the set of vectors fixed by T, that is,

F(T) = {v is an element of V | T(v) = v}

Show that F(T) is a subspace of V. :p

Math is the coolest thing in the universe, eh?

Jeslek

Banned
This is second year for us, because our first year had Classical Algebra too instead of just Linear Algebra.

Q

Jerrek said:
Let T: V -> V be a linear operator.
I think his TV is broke. Math prolly won't be that useful in this situation...perhaps it's the horizontal hold.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Jerrek said:

Let T: V -> V be a linear operator. Define F(T) to be the set of vectors fixed by T, that is,

ugh, just learning stuff like that for my exam tomorrow...and then i came here for a few minutes to relax....thanks a lot.

Aunty Em

Jerrek said:

Ahh, a foreign language. Do you speak geometry as well? :lol:

Jeslek

Banned
Geometry is for pussies. Lets talk about the rank, dimension, kernel, nullspace, nullity, basis, span, and linear independence of vector spaces, subspaces, and Euclidean spaces.

Oh and, Calculus is for geeks. :p

alex

Gato_Solo said:
I'm sure all that algebra will come in handy for balancing your check book. :rolleyes:

Depends on what career your gonna pursue. I took college algebra when I was goin for my associates degree in Technical Drafting and didn't think I would ever use it again but I was wrong. I went from drafter to PCB designer and I use it frequently to calculate controlled impedence layer stack-ups on circuit boards. Although I use a program and just plug in certain numbers, I still have to have knowlege of the formulas and how the calculation works.

controlled impedence calculator

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Okay, alex. You win. :D

The most math I use involves figuring out the C/G of a fully loaded aircraft. Not much algebra there. ;)

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Algebra can be useful later in life, with any profession just about.

Linear algebra is useless for just about everyone... scientists and engineers alike, except for a small few that have non-typical technical jobs. Oh... and of course theoretical and applied mathematicians might make some use of it. Relativity did after all have it's basis in linear algebra. :)