Matrix thread ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN IT

greenfreak

Ok now that that's out of the way... :D

There's a lot more computer jargon being thrown around that non-geeks might not really understand I think. The conversation between Neo and the Oracle was a little weird but then when he meets the Architect, man oh man. I lost about 3/4 of that whole conversation. What I got out of it was that history is repeating itself and Neo is in v6.0 and had to make a choice. Everyone always chooses the same thing. But what would have happened if he made a different choice? No more sequels I guess. ;)

Yeah, and what's up with the twins? Where did they come from? How do they have that power? I don't think they're dead. They transformed during the blast and I think they'll be back in the next one along with the French guy. The whole keymaker thing was weird too. I kept thinking of Ghostbusters and the keymaster/gatekeeper.

Did you happen to catch the Oracle's candy? It's a red pill. :D

Rusty's playing "Enter the Matrix" game right now. It's pretty awesome. I was dissapointed to find that Neo isn't the main character in the game but once we started playing, it wasn't that bad.

Explinations? Questions? Discuss. :D

Mirlyn

Anyhoo...yeah. I was out with some friends tonight and they said "one" is written all over the walls and chair in the Oracle scene. That and Neo is One spelled differently (yeah, we were drunk :shrug:)

Did anyone notice a lack of Fords in the freeway scene? Lots and lots of GM stuff, but very few (if any?) Fords.

greenfreak

Sorry Shadow... Want me to stop? :(

Bit of trivia... The reason why you saw no Fords is because GM donated 300 cars for the movie. And every one of them was demolished by the time shooting was finished. :D

I found a message board about the movie and questions about it, and it only served to make me more confused because they bring up things I didn't even notice. Visit at your own risk!

woodman19_99

I gotta say, I wasn't all that impressed with this movie. Some of the parts were a little slow, i.e. that whole dancing mixed with Neo and Trinity boning scene was a snooze. I didn't think the scene with the Oracle was that exciting, until Agent Smith showed up.

The fight scenes were as expected the soul of the movie. Also, they did a pretty good job with the new navigator of the Neb...Also, the scene in the restaraunt with cake (hehe) and the dudes with the white dreads were awesome.

But those were all I really like. Keanu Reaves did prove himself to be a terrible actor once again. Fortunately, the fight scenes spared him from having to do too much talking.

Oh well, kind of a let down. Hopefully the next one will be better. More fighting less plot explanation.

greenfreak

So far, I've heard that a lot about the 'rave/sex' scene. It was pretty lame. If you're gonna do a sex scene, I want gratuitous nudity damnit. :smash:

I'm in it for the plot too, not just the fighting so that's why I probably enjoyed it more woodman. What did you think about the special effects? Almost the whole scene between Neo and Agent Smith was done in CGI.

woodman19_99

First and foremost I agree with you about the gratuitous sex gf. I mean, all anyone saw was Reeves ass at the end, and that makes me ill. Girls got too see something, why can't the guys?:brow:

Okay, the fight scenes and special effects were astounding. I am still fascinated with the slow motion bullet scenes and the fight with Agent Smith was incredible. I mean when he pulled out that poll and just started smashing everyone...awesome...simply awesome.

Another effect I thought was pretty cool even though it was sort of borrowed from the first one was the method in which Smith copied himself. I thought it was pretty neat the way that "shiny slime" covered his victims and changed them.

I did like the scene with the Architect(sp?) but mainly because of what was happening in the T.V. monitors with the previous versionsof Neo. Some of that stuff cracked me up.

I don't know, I guess I just expected a little more action and a little less talk.

greenfreak

I don't think those were previous versions, I think they were representative of all the possible reactions he was having/could have had. At first, each of the screens had a different reaction and towards the end, they were all the same. And each time, they zoomed in on one screen/one reaction.

From what I understood (kinda) is that Neo is version 6.0. There's so many questions. I just found out someone from work was in the same theater at the same time as me last weekend, we might meet up this weekend.

SoldierPrime

the main question is really are they inside another matrix or somehow connect to a program with the computer world. because at the end where neo says he can feel the robots and then stops them, kinda makes you go :confuse3:

tommyj27

Not really Banned
but did he really stop them or was he out of his gourd? that other ship showed up just then, perhaps it was them.

Hector

The matrix sucked. The action was good, but the movie was really, really pointless. Nobody died, nobody did anything. No story whatsoever, basically.

Hector

but come on. If I saw movie #1, and then went to see a third matrix, I wouldn've missed a thing.