Medical Field

FluerVanderloo

Is anyone employed in the medical field in any way? Just curious...hopefully I will get to be a radiologist when I 'grow up' and I was wondering if anyone shared an interest in healthcare.

FluerVanderloo

Oh cool an RN! By the time I graduate high school I will be an LPN. That's very spiffy. What line of work are you in tonks, if I may ask?

tonksy

ok, so i forgot that i babysit 2 children in addition ot my two from 8:30-5:30 M-F and some saturdays...i meant i don't have a traditional job.

:winkkiss: to squiggy.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
tonks said:
ok, so i forgot that i babysit 2 children in addition ot my two from 8:30-5:30 M-F and some saturdays...i meant i don't have a traditional job.

:winkkiss: to squiggy.
:eek13:

oh my! you poor dear :sadhug:

IDLEchild

An incredibly tough field to get into and to study for. Prepare to go through some shit time if you plan to be in the medical field. Radiology sounds like an interesting choice.

Actually every field is tough to get into these days.

Dave

tough to study for, yes.
there are such percieved shortages that they will practically drag you into a program if you show the slightest interest.

freako104

FluerVanderloo said:
Is anyone employed in the medical field in any way? Just curious...hopefully I will get to be a radiologist when I 'grow up' and I was wondering if anyone shared an interest in healthcare.

im studying to be a psychologist, and my mom is a public health nurse, sister is secratary for a dentist. my mom worked in a hospital when she was young and she still deals wiht x-ray technicians so im sure i could ask her a thing or two if she knows.

chcr

Too cute for words
FluerVanderloo said:
My wife is an oncolgy certified RN (she gets to give chemotherapy, not an unmixed blessing). She was an Associates Degree RN, but she went back and got her Bachelor's Degree over the last two years (after twenty years).

AlphaTroll

FluerVanderloo said:

My sister's a radiographer - be prepared to work long hours (especially if you have to work ER), give up weekends, holidays, etc.

But by the looks of her it's a very fulfilling job........besides she has some very interesting stories to tell about people putting things in rather strange orifices.....

Squiggy

ThunderDick
AlphaTroll said:
.....besides she has some very interesting stories to tell about people putting things in rather strange orifices.....

Does that mean, like, orifices on people you haven't met yet? :retard:

FluerVanderloo

Oh I have an idea of the shit time I'm going to go through...I'm in dual enrollment with my school and a local college. The only thing is, the college specializes in Allied Health careers, and none of those are what I want. I'd have to say the best part of the medical program at school is that I got to take A + P and med terms last year.

So even though I don't know what I want to know yet, having a medical terminology background kicks ass. You get to say cool words that no one else knows :lol2:

Take for instance....sphygmomanometer. Nice word meaning 'blood pressure cuff' but I love sphygmomanometer so much better. Ok I'm ranting and being hideously stupid :)

chcr

Too cute for words
Fluer, I was telling my wife about this, and she says become an RN. You can get a two year degree, the work is not significantly harder but the pay is much better.