Mein Kampf

Jeslek

Banned
Hm, I finished this book a few days ago and I'm now pondering what I learnt from it. It is a really good book and I can honestly recommend everyone to read it. It shows you the mind of a very interesting man, although he was sick. I now understand a bit more why he did what he did and what his train of thought was at that time.

Has anyone read this book? What is your opinion?

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
I read the book, and at first I just thought of it as a really bad novel.
His mind is hard to understand, and so are the reasons for his actions, but the book clears up things a bit.
Even though I don't agree with Hitler at all, it still was an interesting book to read.

Mein Kampf is illegal here in the Netherlands, and IMO that's wrong. The government uses the excuse that people might get ideas from the book, but I think it just helps understanding the mind of Hitler. After I read the book I honestly thought what the fuzz was all about. I wasn't turned into some sort of Neo-Nazi at all, and I still didn't agree with his ideas.
I'd say, let them read and see for themselves.

AlladinSane

I never read it but I would like doing so. I'm not sure if it's illegal here but it must be, since it can't be found in any place... Is it legal on US?

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
It's legal in the US as far as I know, and also legal in a lot of other countries...I couldn't get a copy here in the netherlands because it IS illegal around here...
I found an online copy of it though, a few years back...it's still available HERE if you are interested...

Jeslek

Banned
Yes it is legal in the United States and Canada. You can pick it up in any bookstore. Outlawing books is as good as burning books, which is the first thing Hitler did.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
AlladinSane said:
I never read it but I would like doing so. I'm not sure if it's illegal here but it must be, since it can't be found in any place... Is it legal on US?

:eek2: illegal in Brasil?

c'mon, in here that book was sold as if it was free.

Jeslek

Banned
Luis the book is illegal in most of Europe. And so is half the stuff I'm collecting, such as the SS uniform, books, guns, etc.

Luis G

Staff member
i can go out with a svastika printed in a shirt and nobody will complain. :D

Jeslek

Banned
Luis G said:
Hm I won't do that, but I could. People will probably stare at you, and give you dirty looks though.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
OK, justice in the Netherlands:

If I'd do that, I'd be arrested immediately, been thrown in jail for being a racist, and would have to spend 6+ months there.....

If I were a immigrant, and I would kill my wife in rage because she kissed the neighbor, and that was part of my culture to be get SO pissed about that, I would have to spend 3 months in jail....

Luis G

Staff member
LastLegionary said:
Luis G said:
Hm I won't do that, but I could. People will probably stare at you, and give you dirty looks though.

fuck em, if they don't like it they don't have to look at me, i can also go out with an osama bin laden shirt.

Jeslek

Banned
Luis G said:
LastLegionary said:
Luis G said:

fuck em, if they don't like it they don't have to look at me, i can also go out with an osama bin laden shirt.
Sure, but don't complain if someone beat you up if you wear the bin Laden shirt though. Thats like asking for trouble. :)

Luis G

Staff member
no, but they don't care about it, just as they don't care about Hitler, Svastikas, and such.

i can go out with a shirt of our president playing with shit, and nobody will care about it.

AlladinSane

I don't know if it's illegal here. I'm assuming it is because I never saw a copy of it. My father bought some neo-nazi material some time ago just out of curiosity and the guy who sold to him said it was illegal. I managed to get in my hands for a short period of time a copy of something called "Commendments of the Sion Sages" or something like that, and was advised not to show it to anyone.
Out of that, as long as you are obviously partying you can dress any way you want, be it like Hitler, Bush, Saddam, Bin Laden, Cardoso(our president) and even make fun of them...

DuronClocker

Wearing a Bin Laden shirt?!?!

You'd probably get shot if you tried that in the U.S.....

For what charge? Aiding and/or supporting Al Quida forces.