menu update @ McD's

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Now, now. I never said that Na and Ku'u ate Spam. I just agreed with the Hawaian(sp?) reverence of the potted meat. My fiancee likes it, too, but I love her all the same.

kuulani

Gato_Solo said:
Now, now. I never said that Na and Ku'u ate Spam. I just agreed with the Hawaian(sp?) reverence of the potted meat. My fiancee likes it, too, but I love her all the same.

Spam is yummy. :licklips:
But I haven't stooped to eating a McSpam yet.

kuulani

PuterTutor said:
McDonald's began test-marketing a breakfast meal of egg, rice and Spam at its restaurants in Hawaii (where Spam is a highly revered food).

[Pacific Business News, 6-11-02]

Is this for real, Spam is highly revered?

this is real. but since i stopped eating at MickeyDs, I eat my SPAM elsewhere :licklips:

nalani

mmmm... spam!

I haven't been to McD's in a while but I've never ever had McSpam ...

hey PuterTutor .. Gato is right .. it's highly revered here .. and are you ready to be even more grossed out? The state has a secret stash of Spam along with rice and toilet paper .. in case the barges ever stop running (every so many years we're faced with a strike) ... take some spam, scrambled eggs, rice and wrap it all up in nori (seaweed) ... yummmmmyyyyyy ... *mouth waters*

kuulani

you should've seen the last strike ... it was a near-riot at Walmart, people stocking up on SPAM ... unbelievable!

unclehobart

I've just made it home. Twas a quick little 70 hour trip. I did make some attempted postings at my cousins place last night. All of the little one liner stuff went through well enough... but.. of course.. the one 3 paragraph update post about my autie went into limbo after the server crashed yet again. I can't recall half of what I said in that 15 min typing frenzy. I was too cheezed off to reconstruct it.

the Readers Digest version is that shes on watch and wait mode. They have her on massive amounts of Heperin (sp?) anticlot IV to break up the blood clots. Such anticlot meds preclude any surgery until she get 100% weaned off of the stuff. Now that shes been rebuilt in the nutritional sense they are thinking of packing her up and sending her back home in the meantime to let her build up and stabalize even more before the inevitible chemo and radiation. It seems that any op to cut the offending fibroid/sarcoma out is a good 3 weeks out.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
too funny to pass up

McDonald's has been accused of extreme insensitivity after releasing a new sandwich called the "McAfrika" in Norway, one of the world's richest countries, at a time when 12 million people are facing starvation in southern Africa.
The launch of the new hamburger has infuriated the Norwegian equivalent of Christian Aid and the Norwegian Red Cross and generated a storm of bad publicity for the American fast-food giant.

The concoction of beef, cheese, tomatoes and salad in a pitta-style sandwich is said to be based upon an authentic African recipe and is being