Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

markjs

Banned
I want to take a minute to tell you all I love ya in some way or another. I argue with many of you and many of your opinions politically make me sad, mad, or even fearful, but all the same I spend time with you because I enjoy it and I wish you all well this holiday season. That includes you Cerise, 'peel, Gato, SnP, RM, and anyone else I get the angriest with and argue with the most. If it's ever been "personal" it was only in the heat of the moment. What I have seen is when I share parts of my life that are painful that you all have been there for me, and I truly appreciate it, I hope you all realize it's all same by me, and well......Backatcha!

I am VERY ill, (puking, abdominal pain, diarrhea as bad as I have ever had it). It looks like I will miss a second Christmas in a row (sort of), but it's OK because I have my sobriety and my freedom this year. Things I couldn't have if not for getting clean and sober by the grace of god and with the help of the AA and NA programs. Last year I was in jail and had meth toxicity big time. God was with me but boy I felt alone at the time. By comparison this Christmas is wonderful! If anything my sobriety has made me be able to count my blessings and want what I have rather than be so focused on having what I want. I am grateful for the opportunity to have Christmas taking care of myself and hanging with my best friend.

That would be my 15 year old border collie/black lab dog, who seems as if she might be taking a turn for the worse, so it would be OK to just spend the day with her, the purest loving friend I have ever known. She is the kind of dog that when she was young whenever I left the house she was behind me and in the car, because if she couldn't be with me at all times she wanted to at least be in the car with me. She hates when Jody and I leave her home alone as we planned to today, and I get the opportunity to be here for her on Christmas so she doesn't have to be alone. I am very grateful for that. That dog and I were bonded as if we grew up together and because of my "arrested development" (addiction) a case could be made that we did just that. Whoever says a dog doesn't have a soul, doesn't have the fundamental ideal of god within it is a FOOL! Perhaps that's why she is a "d-o-g" because she really has more "g-o-d" in her than some people do, because calamity, pomp and worship of other things, that obscure it in people, hardly apply to her.

So please take the time to slow down, count your blessings and give your loved ones a big hug for me. I do care about each and every one of you in some way or another. Your very sick friend -Mark

markjs

Banned
Yeah maybe too well. I don't want to come off as too good to be true, because I know you all feel the same or similarly (or at very least wish ya did!) about the rest of us, even if it was just me who was able to get it out first. We OTC regulars are a big family, complete with dysfunction, and filled with mostly black sheep of one stripe or another, whether we like it or not.

*party*

PrincessLissa

It is so refreshing to find someone else that appreciated Christmas for what it is. I am so tired of people whining and complaining about stupid little things that ruined their "perfect" Christmas. I could give two shits that your gramma got you the wrong size or color of sweatshirt. You got to see her and spend time with her didn't you? She is healthy and wants to spend time wit you. Who freaking cares about a swearshirt you can exchange later.

I had an amazing Christmas and it was because I sat back and enjoyed the moment. I didn't freak when the snow storm kept my family from coming. I saw the good in the fact that my Uncle was caught trying to steal from my grandma again. I didn't dwell on what an asshat he is. I didn't mind at all that many of our family members were short on money this year and couldn't buy us a material gift. They spent time with us, called us, and that is what is important. I sat on the floor and played Littlest Pet Shop and Geotrax with my kids and enjoyed every minute of being with them.

MiSsBeHaVinG

I am not part of this family , I am new to this site or the posting part of it but I am hoping to join in more over the upcoming weeks and maybe with time I can become a part of OTC ...

Mark you have accomplished alot by the sounds of it and that is something to be thankful for and celebrate .. I hope your feeling better now ..

I have spent most of my holidays with family and friends and I could not ask for anything more ..This year the holidays were alot happier for me then last year because I had lost my partner and it was hard going through the holidays without him but this year I was able to cope alot better ..

I am thankful for the people I have in my life , my family , friends , both here online and those who I see everyday so life is not too bad ... We all have to face obstacles along the way but those things are what us the people we are today ..

Have a great new years and all the best in 2008