Methinks this guy is in bad trouble

MrBishop

Not government controlled executions, an armed & prepared citizenry.
Hasn't stopped many drug-store and booze-store robberies :shrug:

The "I might get shot" factor doesn't work as a deterrant anymore than I won't drive drunk because I might get killed in a car crash or I won't take drugs because I might O.D.

People are too stupid, or too greedy, or too damn thoughless for those to work

Kruz

Why is everyone so concerned about the person committing the crime, about what may or may not deter them from the way of life they have chosen.
no amount of punishment, threats , warnings, reprisals, etc: is going to stop them from kicking in a door in home invasion.
or whatever other dirty deed they have planned. the only thing going for us is legally being able to protect ourselves from the bad guys should they pick you as a victim. the only thing 911 is going to do is fill out the paperwork after the crime is over with.

A.B.Normal

Why is everyone so concerned about the person committing the crime, about what may or may not deter them from the way of life they have chosen.
no amount of punishment, threats , warnings, reprisals, etc: is going to stop them from kicking in a door in home invasion.
or whatever other dirty deed they have planned. the only thing going for us is legally being able to protect ourselves from the bad guys should they pick you as a victim. the only thing 911 is going to do is fill out the paperwork after the crime is over with.

If they know/believe you have a gun they are going to shoot first ,before you even know they are there,hows that gonna deter them?They then take your gun(s) and use them on the next person,all it does is save them having to buy bullets to continue their spree.

Kruz

you still don't get it... my gun is not a deterrent for them! it is protection for me.
there is no sign on my front lawn that says "gun owner lives here" there is no bumper sticker on my truck that says "protected by smith&wesson".
my wife cant even tell when I'm carrying
or not, its not advertised

jimpeel

I would think that there haven't been any burglaries in Joe Horn's neighborhood lately. Does anyone here really believe that the word doesn't get around among the criminal element which neighborhoods to avoid?

It is always a good thing when one of the ne'er do wells suffers the ultimate retribution as an example to the rest. If they don't want 2minkey mourning their loss then they should get into another line of work.

chcr

Too cute for words
you still don't get it... my gun is not a deterrent for them! it is protection for me.
there is no sign on my front lawn that says "gun owner lives here" there is no bumper sticker on my truck that says "protected by smith&wesson".
my wife cant even tell when I'm carrying
or not, its not advertised
:thumbup:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Hasn't stopped many drug-store and booze-store robberies :shrug:

Yea, it has. Right in my own neighborhood. A liquor store used to be a gun free zone. They were robbed almost weekly. The owner started requiring employees to carry. They've been robbed like once in the last two years...by a guy from out of state. He won't be robbing anyone else.

Let 'em know that you won't roll over & play dead & they'll move on.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Someone broke into the (closed) Beer Store here last week. He stole a case of beer. All that effort. One case.

Doh.

jimpeel

Well, maybe it was smart of him to not get greedy then.

That can be detrimental to one's freedom. It seems there was this burglar who broke into a store and all that was there was 120 pounds of change -- so he took it. His efforts were for naught as the cops found one tired son of a bitch after they followed the trail of coins he left as he was dragging the bags away.

2minkey

bootlicker
If they don't want 2minkey mourning their loss then they should get into another line of work.

eat me.

i simply don't find mister horn particularly impressive when he shoots unarmed twits in the back for possibly having committed property theft. and i'm equally unimpressed by wankery self-defense fantasies.

jimpeel

Drink me.

i simply don't find mister horn particularly impressive when he shoots unarmed twits in the back for possibly having committed property theft. and i'm equally unimpressed by wankery self-defense fantasies.

Oh, I don't hold him up as a hero or anything like that. I just like the fact that he was able to throw a little chlorine in the shallow end of the gene pool anf take a couple of predators off the map.

As for me, I would not have shot a fleeing suspect unless he was shooting over his shoulder at me.

I do know, without a single doubt whatsoever -- none, that I not only could but would shoot a perpetrator if he threatened me or anyone around me.

spike

I just like the fact that he was able to throw a little chlorine in the shallow end of the gene pool anf take a couple of predators off the map.

Right, unless it's suspected child molesters the rule is guilty until proven innocent shoot first kinda thing right?