Music Exchange Program - OTC Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose

Firstly, a few legal things - I'm not asking anything that goes against the AUP or RIAA. Or at least I hope I'm not and don't mean to. :lloyd:

Secondly, I didn't come up with this game. It's 'borrowed' from another forum called cellar.org.

Basically it's a music-exchange program for fellow OTC members. What happens is this - everyone who wants to participate makes a CD mix of their favorite songs. Those who want to participate would contact me via PM and I'll compile a list of everyone who's "playing" (so to speak). Once everyone who wants to participate has signed up (give it a week or so to get everyone in), then I'll randomly assign names to each other. What happens next is simply - you mail your cd to your assigned person (everyone will be assigned one person), and someone will mail a cd to you. You listen to the cd and review it in here. Estimated timeline for the cd is two weeks, after you've had it two weeks you pass it on. And the music circle keeps going ...

Anyway, if there's any interest in this - post here and let me know! A friend of mine participates in this at cellar.org and he really enjoys it. It's a neat way to share music that others may not know much about and to hear new music that you don't know about. And since you *always* mail your cd to the same person in line, then only one other member knows your mailing address (for privacy's sake).

Ideas, comments, is this allowed?

Rose

damn those bastards are everywhere. :cuss:

Technically we'd be making a backup copy of songs we all own on cd to be borrowed by others - eventually your original cd will find it's way back home. It's basically the same as making a mixed tape ...

:cuss: @ riaa

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I don't have a problem with the RIAA crap, but mailing. I don't understand, you mean you want me to actually go to the post office and like put it in an envelope and mail it? Wouldn't I have to put pants on for that?

*Ponders about putting on pants for this....

Status
Not open for further replies.