My First...

FluerVanderloo

...roadkill episode. A.B.'s avatar reminded me.

I was going back to school from the doctor when I felt the car run over something. So I looked in the rearview, and there was a squirrel. Well, I called my mom and told her what I did, and then, I just started crying my eyes out. I proceeded to do so all the way back to school. She thought it was pretty damned funny. Pathetic, no?

I know there's a roadkill thread somewhere, but I couldn't find it, or else I would have added it.

IDLEchild

You ok?

It seems funny even to me that you were so upset but I've been upset over incidents which no else found upsetting....so you ok?

...but forgive me....my assholeness call for this...soo

Hahaha...stupid squirrel :D

Stop Laughing

While looking back it may seem funny, but never take these lightly. At least you went back to find out exactly what it was and was nothing more than a stupid squirrel (who are out to drive all cars off the road according to Geico commercials :D). It seems like every week here there's a fatal hit and run on the news. Just this morning a kid was hit by an SUV, then after the SUV realized he hit something (on a one way street), he backed up, running over the same kid a second time, onto the last street and turned and sped away. The kid didn't even make it to the hospital alive.

brownjenkins

my first was a near-kill... i was sixteen, probably had my license for a few weeks... going down a small road in my dad's ford fairlane with my girlfriend in the car... she screams like some zombie just jumped on the windshield as this cute little rabbit scoots out across the road... being a new driver, i do everything wrong, hitting the breaks and wildly turning the wheel at the same time... we come to a complete stop and she tells me, "get out of the car! see if it's ok!!"

i get out and there's no rabbit in sight... i look under the car and see this little fuzzy dust-bunny thing blowing by... so i pick it up... turns out i had just taken off the tail of the little bugger :D

Inkara1

rktermface1lg.jpg

Mare

Ran a "dead" dog over once - figure that one out. I had a little hyundai and the whole car bounced up in the air........ :crying4: :lol2:

drkavnger99

Well my only road kill is the damn bird who flew into the grill on my dads SUV damn feathers clogged up the raidiator!

BTW I know its been a while for me posting here so hello everyone!

Uki Chick

I guess I've been lucky. I've never had a roadkill incident. Came close a few times of hitting a cat in the middle of the night or a squirrel first thing in the morning, but never actually did hit it.

I'm not sure what my reaction would be, but probably along the same lines. I'd probably cry.

Professur

FluerVanderloo said:
...roadkill episode. A.B.'s avatar reminded me.

I was going back to school from the doctor when I felt the car run over something. So I looked in the rearview, and there was a squirrel. Well, I called my mom and told her what I did, and then, I just started crying my eyes out. I proceeded to do so all the way back to school. She thought it was pretty damned funny. Pathetic, no?

I know there's a roadkill thread somewhere, but I couldn't find it, or else I would have added it.

For the record. Don't feel too bad about the squirrel. Them and chipmunks are impossible to dodge. Several times I veered to avoid one, and he changed direction right into me. Now I don't even try. No sense causing a pileup trying to avoid something determined to die.

Inkara1

...kinda like this bird that flew directly at the front of my car. This was on a residential street and I was only doing 20-25 miles an hour. It flew right at the front of my car, and next thing I know I see a few feathers fly up over the hood. I never saw any bird parts again, so maybe its carcass landed on the road.

chcr

Too cute for words
Dead Skunk
Loudon Wainwright III
words and music by Loudon Wainwright III

Crossin' the highway late last night,
He shoulda looked left and he shoulda looked right,
He didn't see the station wagon, car,
The skunk got squashed and there you are!
(Chorus)
You got yer
Dead skunk in the middle of the road,
Stinkin' to high heaven!
Take a whiff on me that ain't no rose!
Roll up yer window and hold yer nose,
You don't have to look and you don't have to see,
'Cause you can feel it in your olfactory,
(Repeat Chorus)
Yeah you got yer dead cat and you got yer dead dog,
On a moonlight night you got yer dead toad frog
Got yer dead rabbit and yer dead raccoon,
The blood and the guts they're gonna make you swoon!
You got yer dead skunk, in the middle,
Dead skunk in the middle of the road.
Stinkin' to high heaven.
C'mon stink!
(Fiddle break)
You got it,
It's dead, it's in the middle,
Dead skunk in the middle!
Stinkin' to high heaven!
All over the road, technicolor man!