My fishy web page is done!

Toolbox™

Nope... those were taken by a world class photographer who is a friend of mine. His name is at the top of the page - Gutsy Tuason.

He supports my business with the promotion of underwater life in the Philippines. I run a SCUBA Operation here called Tristar

This is my boat:

t_tristar1.jpg

t_tristar2.jpg

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:eek: :laugh: apologies to your friend, didn't realize that was a name, thought it was a saying or some such.

Ever cool! Boat is gorgeous. Wish I had your life! :D

Toolbox™

Originally posted by L. Summerton
Wish I had your life! :D

No you don't... I'm a workaholic and never have time for myself! Not to mention business has been bad for a straight 2 years for me! Enjoy your life while you can... I've gone too far in mine! :)

kuulani

Originally posted by Toolbox™
Here is my Fishy Galleryhttp://www.divetristar.com/gallery.cfm.

Hope you like it too. :)

[semi-formal intro] Aloha, I am a representative of the Edith Kanakaole Foundation, located in Hilo, HI, where I specialize in curriculum development. One of the curriculums that we are currently developing focuses on marine life, and your website, notably the pics on your site, is of great interest to us. Would it be possible to add some pictures to our curriculum - we will, of course document and reference all use of said pics and send you a copy of the final product. [/semi-formal intro]

:D Lovely pics!!

Toolbox™

Originally posted by kuulani
[semi-formal intro] Aloha, I am a representative of the Edith Kanakaole Foundation, located in Hilo, HI, where I specialize in curriculum development. One of the curriculums that we are currently developing focuses on marine life, and your website, notably the pics on your site, is of great interest to us. Would it be possible to add some pictures to our curriculum - we will, of course document and reference all use of said pics and send you a copy of the final product. [/semi-formal intro]

Get in touch with me via e-mail and we can talk about the specifics. If you want, you can also contact me via ICQ but will still have to e-mail me first to get that number.

Take care.

[email protected]

sbcanada

Okay, I've made three of the "fish info" pages and they are available for viewing now. I've also added a 218k mp3 sound to the main page. I am having problems getting a midi to work with the code. :(

I still need a cool background! Someone post some here! :D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Heh sbcanada, I have attached a small example of a table in the way I would do it....the colors don't really matter. It's more about the way the document is made, the use of CSS is quite obvious in the example, and it also gives a good impression of how to design websites which are XHTML 1.0 compatible :)

I hope you learn something from the example :)

Attachment(s):

sbcanada.rar, 2.75kb

Click here to download the attachment

sbcanada

Shadowfax,

That's a nice table, but I'm not exactly sure how I'd use it with my content. The "info" is a lot longer than one line, and there is just a link to pictures? I'd still have to use my already created pages... :eek:

I don't really care about being compatible with every arsehole in the world, it just needs to work for most people, mainly, my teacher who will grade it. Keep in mind also that there are certain features the page must have for the purposes of my assignment, so that's why I have disigned it the way I have.

Thanks for the template, I might use it later. :)

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
I forgot it had to contain certain features for the assignment :)
My mistake :)

Anyways, it might come in handy some other time...the example was a part of a website I created before...you can see that one here. The source might come in handy sometime :)

Good luck with the assignment :headbang:

$ponge

Toolbox
I just thought your buddy should know. I have downloaded the pictures in that gallery as a zip named ocean wallpapers.