My name is GrandCaravanSE and i am another post-whore

MrBishop

A hit and run implies he hit you...no? You hit him and he may or may not have even known that it happened. I don't think I'd qualify that as a hit and run.
Actually...I was almost stopped (maybe going 10kmph 'forwards') at the point of impact. The truck :shrug: anywhere between 90-120kmph.

If you're in an accident and you leave the scene of the accident, whether you caused it or not or are conscious of it or not, you're liable for hit n' run. :shrug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Well, as I explained above...I am bias towards truckers (and not in their favour). I'm still not sure though if I'd be able to place blame on the trucker. Traffic laws aside, I'm not fully sold that he did anything morally wrong.

MrBishop

At the very least, reporting the accident on his CB would've been the thing to do, even if he didn't think that he'd been part of it. As it was, the accident (my spinout not including the impact) was only reported by me when I got to the RCMP center... they were unaware of it and no tow-trucks had been called into the scene.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
At the very least, reporting the accident on his CB would've been the thing to do, even if he didn't think that he'd been part of it. As it was, the accident (my spinout not including the impact) was only reported by me when I got to the RCMP center... they were unaware of it and no tow-trucks had been called into the scene.

I guess I've just come to accept that some people are jerks/oblivious/think someone else will take care of it.