Nacho Libre XXX - in Montreal

BB

ah!

She's a fisherwoman, huh?

or is that fly-fisherwoman?

(or is that Salmon rather than trout? ... i thought it was both???)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Bacon
600.jpg

Ham
Ham.jpg

Canadian Bacon
cbacon.jpg

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
No.

That is bacon, ham, and back bacon. Back bacon with cornmeal on it is peameal bacon.

BB

no cab?

( i hear tell, waiting for a Canadian taxi is like waiting for a good pair of skating boots in hell - except hell is more regulated?)

...just a thought ...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Everything you wanted to know about bacon but were afraid to ask

A side of unsliced bacon is a flitch or slab bacon, while an individual slice of bacon is a rasher (UK, Ireland and Australia) or simply a slice or strip (North America). Slices of bacon are also known as collops. Traditionally, the skin is left on the cut and is known as bacon rind. Rindless bacon, however, is quite common. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, bacon comes in a wide variety of cuts and flavours whereas bacon in North America is predominantly what is known as "streaky bacon", or "streaky rashers" in the UK and Ireland. Bacon made from the meat on the back of the pig is referred to as back rashers and is part of traditional British and Irish breakfasts. In the US, back bacon is referred to as Canadian Bacon

Canadian bacon is a term used in the United States and Canada, but with differing meanings. In the United States it refers to any lean meaty cut of bacon, and is primarily used as a pizza topping. In Canada, Canadian bacon, which is also known as peameal bacon, refers to a specific variety of unsmoked lean bacon that has been sweet pickle-cured and coated in yellow cornmeal. Other proteins, such as turkey and beef, can be made in the style of Canadian bacon by employing this same sweet pickle and cornmeal process. Canadian bacon, as in the American interpretation (Back Bacon) actually is rarely eaten by Canadians unless in fast food breakfast sandwiches from American chain restaurants.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Back bacon comes from the pig's back...no?

Oh, and I think I got pulled into the whole "Greek Pastry" thing cause I just got back from Greece...or atleast that's my assumption.