Nature or nurture

chcr

Too cute for words
Just how, pray tell, does the wearing of a crucifix equate to some guy publicly blowing his counterparts on a public street; leading people around by a leash while wearing S&M bondage garb, etc?

Difference: Only one gives you the heebie-jeebies.

ResearchMonkey

Anti gays act like that's their big complaint but I don't see it being an issue. The gay people I know have other focus. Some of the straight guys I knew in college didn't though.

I don't see much difference between the Folsom Street thing and the Erotic Exotic ball if you're going to complain in that direction.

Theres plent-O-fine Homersexuals out there, and I know you're just using the convienant 'wide-lense' for making your point. The agenda and radical movement does not include those who are happy and normal folk.

I guess you missed the part about "MY tax dollar" being spent on the Folsom Street circle-jerk on a public street.

Which is a HUGE difference from renting a stadium.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I was a musician for a lot of my adult life. The over and under was probably about the same. Just because I didn't hear them doesn't mean they didn't discuss it among themselves though.

My neighbor was flaming. Every week-end, while I was trying to sleep (I had a class Saturday mornings), this guy had some kinda party going on. Usually with a different person. Made his sexual preference very clear and very loud. He got lots of complaints, and not just from me. He always claimed it was because of his sexual preference, and not because he was loud and obnoxious. I also knew a composition student. He was gay, but he wasn't loud and obnoxious about it. He's one of the other people who complained. His attitude was completely 180 from the 'flaming' guy. He never made a big scene about his orientation. I got along with him quite nicely. I never talked to him about my scores and he never talked to me about his. :shrug:

chcr said:
Most of the military guys I know drink a lot too (a lot). Might be related. Ya think? ;) I've always assumed that most people who talk all the time about how much they get and how good they are at it are lying anyway. :grinyes:

Most of the military guys I know don't. Doesn't mean we don't drink. Just not a lot. The ones who do go overboard aren't in long because they run into problems...DUI's, coming to work reeking of alcohol, unfit for duty, and so on. Consider this...the circles we run in dictate the people we know.

spike

I don't know. How many in those two events marched in a parade scheduled for that event; and had public sex on the street in front of ordinary men, women, and children?

I have no idea. Go ahead and tell me. Then tell me your point.

chcr

Too cute for words
Meh, christian bashing, hell, religion bashing in general is too easy. Besides, it kinda puts you in with the gay bashers. After all, it's a lifestyle choice. :lloyd:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
After all, it's a lifestyle choice. :lloyd:

Most things are. Take away genetics and it all is. Some choices matter more than others though. To some of us that is. There are those capable of seeing the difference between aberrant behavior and, to paraphrase an old sig of yours, looking forward to a nice lunch.

And of course, there are those who are not capable of that delineation as well.

chcr

Too cute for words
Most things are. Take away genetics and it all is. Some choices matter more than others though. To some of us that is. There are those capable of seeing the difference between aberrant behavior and, to paraphrase an old sig of yours, looking forward to a nice lunch.

And of course, there are those who are not capable of that delineation as well.

Of course your definition of aberrant behavior is more valid than mine because you think it is. :shrug:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
SnP's Official Dictionary, page 3:

Aberrant - (adj) Not normal; not commonplace; against the laws of nature; contrary to an overwhelming majority

Yeah, I'd say one guy swallowing another guy's pecker fits pretty neatly in that. Maybe not in everybody else's world, but I'm not everybody else.

Sam Kinison said:
How does a guy look at another guy's hairy ass and find love?

2minkey

bootlicker
SnP's Official Dictionary, page 3:

Aberrant - (adj) Not normal; not commonplace; against the laws of nature; contrary to an overwhelming majority

"normal" is for sociologists to argue about. i doubt they'd find you "normal."

"commonplace?" hmmm gay seems pretty commonplace. you live in a cave?

"against the laws of nature" is your judgement based on a particular set of beliefs that are far from universal.

"overwhelming majority." hah. so. like, what more than three quarters of people in the US think gays are some abomination like you do? hmmm, kinda doubt that. most people don't really care. gays aren't a big deal to them.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Made me smile on that one; but this is a very serious problem and people are dying because of it. See if you know any of these terms used by homosexuals:

Barebacking
The gift
Giving the gift
Bugchaser
Glory hole

not gonna bother, but it would be easy to come up with the hetro versions of these, but they do exist, it's easy to site examples of the lowest denominator, and think that is the norm, if there was only a word for that

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I'd hope to God most sociologists wouldn't find me "normal"; 80% of the ones I've met are queer as a six dollar bill.

Not a cave, but not the PNW either. Y'all got more than your share of sword swallowers skipping through the woods sippin' $9 cups of coffee I hear.

Nice to know I now control the laws of nature. Expect some fuckin changes post haste.

Queers ain't a big deal to me either. Like ground hogs and other vermin, notice them when they creep out of hiding. Normal people don't seem to feel the need to hide their preferences, ever notice that?

No, probably not...

2minkey

bootlicker
I'd hope to God most sociologists wouldn't find me "normal"; 80% of the ones I've met are queer as a six dollar bill.

Not a cave, but not the PNW either. Y'all got more than your share of sword swallowers skipping through the woods sippin' $9 cups of coffee I hear.

Nice to know I now control the laws of nature. Expect some fuckin changes post haste.

Queers ain't a big deal to me either. Like ground hogs and other vermin, notice them when they creep out of hiding. Normal people don't seem to feel the need to hide their preferences, ever notice that?

No, probably not...

i'm sure there's some disorder associated with an unusual love of judgement and condemnation of others that are different.

catocom

yep, what was once considered by some to be "common sense", will
probably soon be considered a disorder. (because it's not PC)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Most likely. What that has to do with the price of salsa in Norway escapes me at the moment. If you find it, please feel free to start a brand spanking new thread about it though.

Addressing the intent of your statement...it's hardly my fault that some folks have no moral compass. I have one. It may not be 100% accurate, but it serves me well enough to keep me from getting lost in this forest full of trees. Admittedly it ain't got a great deal of gray on it...mostly black and white.* I kinda like it that way. If one is right and the other is wrong, you tend to stay on course better than if you have to stop every few minutes to make sure you're "mostly" heading the right way, and having to constantly update what "right" means. Honestly, I have a certain amount of admiration for you folks who can do that. I mean, last time I checked, water was wet for me...you folks have to decide if it's wet or merely damp or even wet-like or even dryness impaired. That's a lot of work.

*Before anybody starts jumping through their asshole and dragging out Klan hoods, black and white are used here in the Crayola sense, not the Rev. Jacksahhhhnnnnnnnnn sense.

2minkey

bootlicker
maybe you just don't understand what a moral compass looks like these days. they don't all look like your vintage model.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I think everyone has a moral compass, just everyones is different, the problem is when you expect/want everyones to be like yours, if anothers moral compass doesn't effect me, why should I care.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
So, your idea of right and wrong changes.

When? How often? Based on what? Does that mean that you might decide tomorrow that killing all redheaded stepchildren is OK?

2minkey

bootlicker
SnP is right in some sense. there are some folks that truly are sacks of shit. accepting some form of absolute relativism is a mistake.

but of course his compass is of one distinct variety, and he tends to discount the validity of - or really, not even recognize - other varieties, which, certainly, is also a mistake.

chcr

Too cute for words
So, your idea of right and wrong changes.

When? How often? Based on what? Does that mean that you might decide tomorrow that killing all redheaded stepchildren is OK?

You remind me of the guy who asked me what, my being atheist and all, kept me from eating babies. Of course people's sense of what's right and wrong changes. I'm reasonably certain yours has too.