Need a PDA

Coffee Bean

Does anyone know much about them? Is the Palm M100 any good? Basically I just need to organize appointments and phone numbers, everything else can be a bonus. Is $40 for said Palm M100 a good deal? What can the m100 do?

drkavnger99

The M100 cannot do much it only has 2 mb of memory, a slow cpu, and it uses serial to sync (unless you splurg for the usb sync cable) All in all if you just want to keep appointments and phone numbers for $40 you cant go very wrong I mean just plain jane organizers cost $20 +. BTW I own a handspring delux. A little faster, 8mb memory, but sux for OS upgrades because you cant do it where you can on a palm.

Hope this helps

Coffee Bean

It isn't possible to upgrade the amount of memory? How much is the usb sync cable? What is syncing anyway? Basically transferring stuff back and forth from a desktop or laptop?

Professur

I hate to say in, but go for the Compaq/Hp version running WinCE. Yes it costs a lot more. It can also do alot more.

Coffee Bean

Maybe when I'm in the market for something like that. But as I said I just need to organize appointments and phone numbers, everything else can be a bonus.

Coffee Bean

Maybe if I was asking about text organizers your input would be welcomed...but I'm not, so you're simply masturbating at the mouth.

HomeLAN

You asked for a suggestion. Prof offered one. You pointed out an issue, he said it was worth the hassle. You said no, he offered a really low cost alternative that would seem to do what you needed. You told him to screw off.

I'm unimpressed.

Coffee Bean

I asked about a certain brand of PDA.

He brought up a completely different brand and told me that if I didn't like it to go buy a text organizer.

Why offer his "input" about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread?

I could care less about "impressing" you.

Professur

Coffee Bean said:
Does anyone know much about them?

Yes.

Coffee Bean said:
Is the Palm M100 any good?

No.

Coffee Bean said:
Basically I just need to organize appointments and phone numbers, everything else can be a bonus.

Then you'd be better off with a $10 text organizer

Coffee Bean said:
Is $40 for said Palm M100 a good deal?

It's a great deal.

Coffee Bean said:
What can the m100 do?

If you don't know what it can do, why are you wasting your time. Save yourself $30.

Happier now CB? All nice a relevant.