Need some help from the ladies!

FluerVanderloo

I think I've got a UTI. :grumpy:

The symptoms just started this morning (felt like I had to go twice in an hour, only went a little bit, the second time it hurt like hell and there was a little bit of pink on the tissue, and cloudy urine), so I started drinking cranberry juice, and when that's gone I'll be drinking water nonstop. I really, really want to avoid going to the doctor because I'll be put on antibiotics and that will screw up my Pill.

Is there anything you've found that clears it up before a doctor's appointment is necessary?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
FluerVanderloo said:
I think I've got a UTI. :grumpy:

The symptoms just started this morning (felt like I had to go twice in an hour, only went a little bit, the second time it hurt like hell and there was a little bit of pink on the tissue, and cloudy urine), so I started drinking cranberry juice, and when that's gone I'll be drinking water nonstop. I really, really want to avoid going to the doctor because I'll be put on antibiotics and that will screw up my Pill.

Is there anything you've found that clears it up before a doctor's appointment is necessary?

I've always just gone to the doc...the first time I had one within 12 hours I was constantly feeling like I needed to go pee and it was a fairly dark orange colour.

As for messing with the pill...one should always use a condom anyway but even if you don't a condom is a good temp fix when the pill's been messed with. I've been on antibiotics lots of times and never got preggers cause I used condoms as backup.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Have you ever had a full blown UTI? Even if antibiotics meant giving up sex until the pills were effective again I think I'd have to go the antibiotic route...man, I hate UTIs :mad:

FluerVanderloo

Nixy said:
I've always just gone to the doc...the first time I had one within 12 hours I was constantly feeling like I needed to go pee and it was a fairly dark orange colour.

As for messing with the pill...one should always use a condom anyway but even if you don't a condom is a good temp fix when the pill's been messed with. I've been on antibiotics lots of times and never got preggers cause I used condoms as backup.

They're always used, but I'd prefer to keep that little extra protection there if I can.

This doesn't seem to be as serious as your was, and hopefully it won't get like that because then I WILL have to go to the doc. I can't make an appointment until Monday anyway if I have to, so I'll see how it goes this weekend. Did it take long to go away on antibiotics?

FluerVanderloo

Nixy said:
Have you ever had a full blown UTI? Even if antibiotics meant giving up sex until the pills were effective again I think I'd have to go the antibiotic route...man, I hate UTIs :mad:

Nah, this is my first one. My mom gets them a lot, wonder if it's hereditary? The only thing she could suggest is cranberry juice because it works wonders for her. Just doesn't seem like much to me.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Cranberry juice is suppose to be fantastic at preventing them...I dunno how well at treating. I just keep thinking of the time BOP had one and tried to treat it with cranberry and it just got worse and worse.

My first one it started as a needing to go pee often thing in the evening and then I went to bed and when I woke up the next morning it was unbareable. Every since I go to the doc as soon as I know it's coming on...my pain tolerance isn't so high.

I hope you caught it early enough with the cranberry to have some effect though, even if it's just to hold it off til Monday.

FluerVanderloo

Nixy said:
Cranberry juice is suppose to be fantastic at preventing them...I dunno how well at treating. I just keep thinking of the time BOP had one and tried to treat it with cranberry and it just got worse and worse.

My first one it started as a needing to go pee often thing in the evening and then I went to bed and when I woke up the next morning it was unbareable. Every since I go to the doc as soon as I know it's coming on...my pain tolerance isn't so high.

I hope you caught it early enough with the cranberry to have some effect though, even if it's just to hold it off til Monday.

Ugh, me too. I hope it doesn't get worse. I don't feel a whole lot different than normal, and I haven't felt like I've had to go in about 2 hours now, so fingers crossed!

I was thinking of picking up that Uristat or AZO stuff for the next two days.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Yeah...go to the doctor. It's necessary NOW. They never ever just go away.

FluerVanderloo

I guess I'll have to give them a call on Monday then. I'll put my faith in the people who've had them before.

A.B.Normal said:
*plugs ears and runs screaming.

The word 'ladies' was definately in the title. That was fair warning. :D

HomeLAN

A.B.Normal said:
*plugs ears and runs screaming.

Wimp. I grew up with three oldr sisters. You have to do a shitload better than this to scare me.

Go to the doc, Fluer. Don't mess around with it.

tonksy

I highly recommend the doctor. STD's can seem like UTI's when they first come on and no one wants to fuck around with that.

Professur

Figuratively and literally.

Y'know. When you've talked about UTI with your mother, you're the man of steel. Nothing fazes you.

BeardofPants

It really depends on what kind of bacteria is causing the infection. As I found out recently, there are some bacteria that aren't killed off using cranberry juice (I have successfully fought off UTIs before by just drinking cranberry juice). There are also over the counter things you can buy at the chemist that may help. The main thing is to keep your fluids up and drink shit loads of water and cranberry juice. If it doesn't work within a couple of days, then go to the doctors. The antibiotics USUALLY clear it up within 3-5 days, but sometimes if it's a virulent infection like I had last time, it can spread up to the kidneys which is painful.

FluerVanderloo

From what I was reading, it's a UTI if there's burning during urination, but it doesn't burn for me until the second after I've finished urinating, lasts for about 10 seconds, then stops and it's done. It's a deep inside kind of pain too, nothing on my outer bits.

The pinkish urine has stopped after the third time. I drank about 12 ounces of cranberry juice and 24 ounces of water. I had to pee every 20-30 minutes for about 2 hours, but it got better every time I did. Laid down to take a little nap for an hour, got up, went to the bathroom, and it's like nothing's up now.

Still drinking my water though, and still planning on calling the doc.

FluerVanderloo

tonksy said:
Get checked for an STD...just to ease my mind, okay?

I had a check up at the gyn on Wednesday and let them do one for me, just to do it, and my insurance covers it. When I get the results I'll be sure to let you know.

We'll put it this way: I shouldn't have to worry about that.

tonksy

No, you shouldn't but condoms are not 100% effective on STD's because boys can get cooties on their dangly bits can condoms don't protect from those.

Winky

Yeah doctor and

the experience provided to me wifely person
that has kepp her ever having another one of them
Uti thangs

pee right after SEX lololololol

it werks ya oversexed youngin' ...

*looks over at the blond blue-eyed Rooskie and cringes*

Mare

FluerVanderloo said:
Nah, this is my first one. My mom gets them a lot, wonder if it's hereditary? The only thing she could suggest is cranberry juice because it works wonders for her. Just doesn't seem like much to me.

No they are not hereditary Fluer, woman seem to be prown to UTI's. Anti-biotics are usually the best for a bacteria infection in the urine. And if you have blood in the urine, a doc is a must. Goodluck, hope you feel better soon.