New Keyboard

A.B.Normal

My old keyboard had leaky batteries and had issues with not being able to see the keys due to low light around the desk .I went looking for a Logitech ,but with much trepidation went with MS because no local store had a backlit Logitech .

reclusa.jpg

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=093

The backlit feature is exactly what I've been looking for as I'm a hunt and peck typist.:glasses3:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Your monitor doesn't give off enough light? I computer in the dark all the time...

Ooops, I just looked down at my keyboard (the only lights on are my laptop screen and the TV) and realized I can't actually see the letters on my keys...but I don't looks at the keyboard when I type so I guess it doesn't matter.

A.B.Normal

Any comparisons to the G15?

Mine has "Blue LEDs" the G15 looks to have orangish,the G15 seems to be twice the $$$ as well as few extra features.I don't plan on loading all the Bloatware so extra function isn't as important as backlit for me.

JJR512

I'm pleased to see that Microsoft has returned to making keyboards with the standard layout between the letters and number pad (the Home, Delete, Page Up, etc. keys).

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I'm pleased to see that Microsoft has returned to making keyboards with the standard layout between the letters and number pad (the Home, Delete, Page Up, etc. keys).

I've seen far too many keyboards recently that don't follow that standard. It is extremely uncomfortable to type on those things, I rarely watch the keyboard so I get slowed by having to actually look at those keys.

I'm also glad that "old layout" keyboards are still being made.

JJR512

I'm not sure if Microsoft is switching back to it entirely, or if it's just for some of their keyboards. They still have a bunch with the "new" layout, as does Logitech.

The Apple standard keyboard still retains the traditional layout, although it has its own issues.

Does anyone know whether or not PC USB keyboards are compatible with Apple Macintosh computers?

Inkara1

They are... you just have to get used to which keys become "option" and which become "command" (the key with the apple logo).