New Pocket Rocket...(gun related)...

Kruz

While at the range today I picked up this pocket gun. It's a Rossi .357 2" and really packs a punch! . it's not a tack driver by any means... but it's not meant to be. It was inexpensive and I can keep in my pocket or glove box and not have to worry about appearance.

rossi1.JPG

rossi2.JPG

Description:

The Rossi Model R461 in Blue Steel is a snub-nosed revolver in .357 Magnum, which has been long regarded as the perfect round for self defense. This little giant carries 6 rounds and is as reliable as the day is long. While they're built extra tough to handle all .357 Magnum cartridges, they will fire the popular .38 Special Standard and .38 Special +P rounds as well. Like all Rossi revolvers, both carry the Taurus Security System and our Lifetime Repair Policy. THE R46102 IS APPROVED ON THE ROSTER OF HANDGUNS CERTIFIED FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA.

SPECIFICATIONS

Model:
R46102
Caliber:
357 MAG
Capacity:
6 SHOT
Action:
DOUBLE ACTION
Barrel Length:
2"
Total Length:
6.5"
Grips:
RUBBER GRIPS
Weight:
26 oz
Frame Size:
SMALL
Front Sight:
FIXED
Rear Sight:
NONE
Finish:
BLUE

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Question about guns. It is obvious that over there is legal to own and carry guns, but are you guys allowed to carry them loaded?

Might be a stupid question.

Winky

Oh yes Louie and in most places if you have a CCW
you can carry yer pocket rocket round hidden
and under the proper circumcisions
whip it out and shoot the bad guys dead!

Minks is right though, friends don’t let friends own cheap popguns.
(Lawd I bet it is deafening!)
Kruz you’d be better off throwin’ that at someone than hittin’ them.
If you are close enough to hit em with it, you’d be better off pistol whippin’ em. heh heh

Kruz

Oh yes Louie and in most places if you have a CCW
you can carry yer pocket rocket round hidden
and under the proper circumcisions
whip it out and shoot the bad guys dead!

Minks is right though, friends don’t let friends own cheap popguns.
(Lawd I bet it is deafening!)
Kruz you’d be better off throwin’ that at someone than hittin’ them.
If you are close enough to hit em with it, you’d be better off pistol whippin’ em. heh heh

I'll be the first to agree with you.. I would not treat my 900 colt like I'm gonna treat this 250 Rossi. and that is my point. its my Bic Lighter of pistols.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I bet your palm hurts like hell after firing that little sucker. I've got an old .22 cop special that's about that size. Accuracy is for shit.

Winky

I've thought of one of these P230

I fricken love this part:
(not a gun for Homo's?)
The gun has also been criticized for having occasional feeding reliability problems, wherein the auto-loading cycle does not operate correctly and does not successfully load the next cartridge. These complaints seems to center around the main spring strength being too great, which means that in order for the slide to consistently extend backwards when a round is discharged, the shooter must have a relatively firm grip on the weapon. If the shooter is not of great strength, or the shooter "limp-wrists" while shooting, the weapon may malfunction during the feeding of the next round in the magazine. Sig denies that this problem is related to a design flaw, and has instead suggested its customers spend more time practicing a strong grip.

2minkey

bootlicker
limp-wristing isn't confined to the P230 tho.... i remember watching a 250 pound ultra macho mofo limp-wrist a .40 p229. luckily i was holding an ar15 when i told him he was a sissy...

Kruz

limp-wristing isn't confined to the P230 tho.... i remember watching a 250 pound ultra macho mofo limp-wrist a .40 p229. luckily i was holding an ar15 when i told him he was a sissy...

If you "limp-rist" a 1911....It will bite ya.:grinyes:

UndeadExploder

Kruz - That's a pocket gun? How big are your pockets?

If I were to pocket carry (which I probably would, given the ability to in my state) I'd go with a S&W 642 like Ash has. Less worry about the hammer getting snagged or some crazy nonsense.

Still, it's hard to argue with a .357 for the fun factor. I've been looking for a revolver in 9mm or .45 ACP, simply because I like to be difficult. :)