Newest Spuerhero - SPACE BAT!!!!

MrBishop

I suppose the hero that get's spuer'd all over the side of a space shuttle upon takeoff... or proof positive that touch-typing works well.

Frodo

A) I didn't know they had Mexican freetails in Florida. and
B) They are not rodents.

That must have been quite the animal expert they called in.

I really Love watching the bats working my pasture in the evenings. My wife....not so much.

BlurOfSerenity

yeah! i love sitting outside on nice nights and just batwatching! they're like, "over here... nope, whassat over there! *spazzes over to the left* SO KYOOT.

BeardofPants

Bats are awesome. The previous time I went to Akl Zoo, I was looking for the wee tykes (fruit bats) in their enclosure, and I couldn't see them, until one dropped down in front of me & was all like "wazzap, mate?". I got to scritch his little belly. :D

pc_builder

I lived in a small town for one year back in high school. One night we were sitting around watching tv when something flew into the living room and back out again. We didn't know what it was, until it flew back again. It was a bat! I don't know what kind. We chased it all over the house trying to catch it.

Finally we caught it in an ice cream bucket. Little thing just sat in the bucket, looking around and panting. He was so small and cute. I took him out to the back yard and tipped the bucket sideways. And he flew away. :D

MrBishop

Bereft of his ability to fly and with nowhere to go, a courageous bat climbed aboard our Discovery with stars in his weak little eyes. The launch commenced, and Spacebat trembled as his frail mammalian body was gently pushed skyward. For the last time, he felt the primal joy of flight; for the first, the indescribable feeling of ascending toward his dream—a place far away from piercing screeches and crowded caves, stretching forever into fathomless blackness.

Whether he was consumed in the exhaust flames or frozen solid in the stratosphere is of no concern. We
know that Spacebat died, but his dream will live on in all of us.

POStech

Bereft of his ability to fly and with nowhere to go, a courageous bat climbed aboard our Discovery with stars in his weak little eyes. The launch commenced, and Spacebat trembled as his frail mammalian body was gently pushed skyward. For the last time, he felt the primal joy of flight; for the first, the indescribable feeling of ascending toward his dream—a place far away from piercing screeches and crowded caves, stretching forever into fathomless blackness.

Whether he was consumed in the exhaust flames or frozen solid in the stratosphere is of no concern. We
know that Spacebat died, but his dream will live on in all of us.

**slowly backs away**

BlurOfSerenity

i've had a couple people try to tell me that the "at least the bat died doing what he loved to do" and stuff, and it kind of pisses me off.... because that bat was more than likely completely terrified out of his little bat-mind, and i just can't see this for anything other than a very sad event for the bat in question :( it feels wrong for me to diminish the gravity of this situation for the wee pteropine. people keep expecting me to, though, which i think is odd.

Inkara1

Whether he froze in the stratosphere or was burned by the exhaust does matter. If he was frozen in the stratosphere, it would've taken a little bit to die. If he was burned by the exhaust, with as hot as that exhaust is, the bat would've been dead in picoseconds -- no time for suffering.