Next Possible Terrorist Attack?

spike

I would guess structural problems. Jumping to terrorism 1st seems more than a little paranoid. :shrug:

tonksy

Minneapolis seems an odd choice for a terrorist attack but I guess we aren't really supposed to expect them.

catocom

DHS says they don't think so.
Of coarse that came out about 10 seconds after my bro just said
that they'll come out quick and say....exactly that.:rolleyes:

Reports said they heard something that resembled a jackhammer, just before.
IMO coulda been a series of fast explosions.

If something happens anywhere else now, in a similar fashion soon, .....

catocom

pic linkage
675x300.jpg

catocom

Some peoples' commute has come to an end, ...for good.

edit: death toll at 6, comfirmed just now, so far.

2minkey

bootlicker
i gotta go spend four days there week after next.

personally, i'm blaming papa smurf for all this nonsense.

spike

Reports said they heard something that resembled a jackhammer, just before.
IMO coulda been a series of fast explosions.

If something happens anywhere else now, in a similar fashion soon, .....

Something resembling a jackhammer:

One 911 caller said she could see the construction workers using jackhammers when the bridge collapsed close to her car.

"She saw it and she said she just gunned it and just made it out of there," Tashia Brown, a 911 operator, told the StarTribune.com.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20079534/

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
It was Prince. He got tired of the accents. :shrug:

Nobody has taken responsibility for this accident, so it isn't terror related. ;)

unclehobart

Heck... it was as high as 9 overnight. Perhaps there was a county hearse transporting half a dozen bodies that they got all confuzzled about.

It kinda reminds of the old joke: Did you hear about the airplane that crashed into a cemetary? Over 1000 bodies have been found so far and they keep finding more.

unclehobart

It blows me away that they think it is merely a matter of sheer money to replace bridges. The main bottleneck is a sheer limitation of manpower, engineering, and endless checks and balances for inspections. There have been bridges along I-95 in the southeast corner of the state that have been under perpetual construction for 15 years or so and seem no closer to completion than they did five years ago. These bridges range from 200-500 feet in length and are ultimately going to be three lanes wide plus emergency shoulders. They are fairly short arch beam style bridges without much fancy in the way of artistic architechture. I've seen bridges get slammed up over the Mississippi in a mere years. I've no idea why it takes a generation to make some short punk ones other than it being a sweetheart moneypit works project scheme.

catocom

I'm wondering what company the construction crew was, and who they had/have working.

Well a report just came out that there's some kind of fraud involved.

I duuno yet if it's with the company, or numbers reporting, or what.

I'm digging.....:eek6: