Nice Japanese Sportscar™

Toolbox™

Hey guys... I need some help! I am no longer with my wife and now I don't have to support all her habits such as her credit cards, Victoria's Secret, restaurants, cigarettes, cars, gas and everything else, I now have a little bit of money to spend for myself and I've never owned a sportscar.

All my cars have always been big 4-door sedans! I don't like SUV's nor do I like small sportscars.

What's a nice, high-performance car that'll get me good value for money?

The size of the car has to be like a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution or bigger! Budget is flexible! :)

Thanks and hope there are a lot of car nuts out there because I for one don't know very much about them. :)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Toolbox™ said:
Hey guys... I need some help! I am no longer with my wife and now I don't have to support all her habits such as her credit cards, Victoria's Secret, restaurants, cigarettes, cars, gas and everything else, I now have a little bit of money to spend for myself and I've never owned a sportscar.

All my cars have always been big 4-door sedans! I don't like SUV's nor do I like small sportscars.

What's a nice, high-performance car that'll get me good value for money?

The size of the car has to be like a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution or bigger! Budget is flexible! :)

Thanks and hope there are a lot of car nuts out there because I for one don't know very much about them. :)

An Audi S4...Just be prepared to spend a bundle...If you don't want that, you can always slide into a Subaru WRX...;)

MrBishop

CUDA!!!!

with a nice blower, a shaker-hood, crank up the back, double fat-pipe, and those snazzy fuzzy dice on the rear-view!! Add in a bass-cannon, some neon unders, and...if you're feeling overly weird...elevators :D

cuda18.jpg

Gato_Solo

MrBishop said:
CUDA!!!!

with a nice blower, a shaker-hood, crank up the back, double fat-pipe, and those snazzy fuzzy dice on the rear-view!! Add in a bass-cannon, some neon unders, and...if you're feeling overly weird...elevators :D

cuda18.jpg

You need help, Bish. :D

Dave

a Mitsubishi Evo or Subaru STi are are probably your best bets. lots of speed. tons of grip. the STi is a bit more livable as a daily driver than the Evo. plenty of aftermarket upgrades available too.
i know a few people that own a Toyota Celica they they absolutly love the car. quick and agile are the usual responses.
for higher end sports cars there is the Infinity G35 Coupe. shares a lot of mechanicals with the Nissan 350Z but more luxury appointments in the cabin and a bit more refined ride.

Gato_Solo

MrBishop said:
What??!? C'mon...what's wrong with a muscle car? It's my mid-life crisis car of choice ;D :la: :la:

But it's a Cuda...Anybody in their right mind would've chosen the SuperBee...:rolleyes:

Toolbox™

Thanks for the tips but I'm not into the American hotrods!

The Audi sounds good! I've been viewing cars on the web since I posted and I really like the Nissan Skyline R34 and 350Z. The EVO, all the all the reviews are great, I find a little too small!

If you can think up more things... just keep posting! :)

Gato_Solo

Toolbox™ said:
Thanks for the tips but I'm not into the American hotrods!

The Audi sounds good! I've been viewing cars on the web since I posted and I really like the Nissan Skyline R34 and 350Z. The EVO, all the all the reviews are great, I find a little too small!

If you can think up more things... just keep posting! :)

Pictures are in this link... If you don't like V-8 engines, you can always go for an A4...same body style, with a choice between a 1.8L Turbo, or 3.0 L V-6. Good, solid teutonic engineering. ;)

Gato_Solo

Luis G said:

I'd stay away from the TT. Just a personal preference for low insurance rates, and a car I can use for more than just showing off...You can also haul more ladies per square inch in a 4 door than you can in a sports car. :grinyes:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
I'd stay away from the TT. Just a personal preference for low insurance rates, and a car I can use for more than just showing off...You can also haul more ladies per square inch in a 4 door than you can in a sports car. :grinyes:

Yeah, but if he wants acceleration (car level that is) the TT is the way to go with Audi.

Gato_Solo

Luis G said:
Yeah, but if he wants acceleration (car level that is) the TT is the way to go with Audi.
:rofl4:

You're joking, right? A properly equipped S4 will blow the doors off the TT. If you'd said handling, I would've kept my trap shut, but accelleration? S4...There's no replacement for displacement, no matter what the HP:Wt ratio of the TT is. ;)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
:rofl4:

You're joking, right? A properly equipped S4 will blow the doors off the TT. If you'd said handling, I would've kept my trap shut, but accelleration? S4...There's no replacement for displacement, no matter what the HP:Wt ratio of the TT is. ;)

:confuse3:, I hadn't seen the s4, it is not for sale here. Only A3, A4, A6, A8, TT, allroad quatro and the security line.