NJ taxes

Inkara1

The $120K a year is a scam. The place is so dirty, you'll die much younger than if you were anywhere else... so $120K a year might look better than $90K elsewhere, but if they get out of paying someone for 10 or 15 years because that person died early, it actually saves the company money in the long run.

:D

chcr

Too cute for words
My sister lives there. The cost of living is rather high, but it's not the filthy place that everyone makes it out to be. There are places to be avoided, just as there are everywhere. Note that there are toll roads and toll bridges everywhere. The small village where my sister lives (just a few miles from where Altron does when he's not in school) is lovely.

Altron

One thing to note is that where I live, there's no darkness.

There are so many buildings lit up that the sky is a weird cloudy purply pink color at night.

Do you know what town or at least what county she's in? I've lived in Camden and Hudson counties.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No darkness? Head over to Delaware Water Gap.

Never cared for NJ but for $120k, I could make amends.

greenfreak

yeah, the entire friggin' state.

I used to think that way.

Then I visited some friends of ours in Hoboken.

It's trendy, there's no parking, but it's pretty nice. And has a great view of the city!

I honestly know nothing else of NJ besides oil refineries and Six Flags. Whereabouts are you looking, I can ask some friends what they think?

POStech

I'm not sure where in NJ the place is.
A recruiter had contacted her about a job and the company is somewhere in NJ. The job would also require her to travel to Philly and Washington.
We were thinking if she did get the job that it would only be for a couple of years, but she may have to pass on it as it will be hard on our son.

Altron

I used to think that way.

Then I visited some friends of ours in Hoboken.

It's trendy, there's no parking, but it's pretty nice. And has a great view of the city!

I honestly know nothing else of NJ besides oil refineries and Six Flags. Whereabouts are you looking, I can ask some friends what they think?

Yeah... Hoboken is pretty awesome, I'm happy to call it home. There may not be parking, but it's easy enough to walk anywhere in the city.

greenfreak

Yeah... Hoboken is pretty awesome, I'm happy to call it home. There may not be parking, but it's easy enough to walk anywhere in the city.

No way! I thought you lived in Cherry Hill or something like that... I remember a Cherry.

No kidding, it took me 25 minutes to find one parking spot. I was down by a park and I had to walk up to Washington and 12th. In the rain and cold. I wasn't happy. :p

It struck me as a very yuppy type place. But super convenient if you work in the city.

Altron

Yeah, parking is a disaster. Residents can barely get parking, much less tourists. They will only give you a parking pass for one car if you live in Hoboken and it's your only residence. My friend lives in an apartment here, but her parents own it, and because they live somewhere else, she can't get a parking pass.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
No way! I thought you lived in Cherry Hill or something like that... I remember a Cherry.

Insert lame sex joke here...:D

greenfreak said:
No kidding, it took me 25 minutes to find one parking spot. I was down by a park and I had to walk up to Washington and 12th. In the rain and cold. I wasn't happy. :p

It struck me as a very yuppy type place. But super convenient if you work in the city.