no cell phone use in cars

2minkey

bootlicker
ray lahood can chew it.

soon we'll drive like this.

7.jpg

this thread lovingly dedicated to jimpeel

jimpeel

Americans are becoming more and more like sheep as they increasingly allow themselves to be dominated by prior restraint laws.

My first sig line is an apt description of the likes of Ray LaHood. His name says it all -- Ray the hood(lum).

2minkey

bootlicker
did ya hurt yourself with that well thought out reply

well, my wang is a little sore.

what problem are we trying to solve? distracted driving? well, we should pull all stereo equipment out of cars! and no eating that cheeseburger while barreling down the interstate. conversation with passengers will become punishable by drano enema.

the answer, sir, is "strict liability" for one's actions rather a mommy state. (oh, the oppression!)

:coffee:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Solution? Start at the beginning. Why must the government impose new rules for every single little thing that happens? No wonder they act like overbearing parents. Their children can't think & act for themselves.

Dave

so in other words, keep making a hazard of yourself until you do cause an accident, then get out the checkbook.

catocom

A 20 year old young man just got killed close by here today.
A long time family friend witnessed it, and said he was on a phone,
when he jerked the wheel.
We have a last name, and are trying to find out if it was our neighbors' son
across the street.

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/section/6/article/41723/

I'm torn between the loss of freedom, and safety on this one.
I can see maybe...maybe outlawing the use of a handheld, but not
headsets, and or other wireless.
I may have to get a earpiece blue tooth soon.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
so in other words, keep making a hazard of yourself until you do cause an accident, then get out the checkbook.

Perhaps. On the other hand, aren't there already laws against danger &/or distracted driving?

Dave

Perhaps. On the other hand, aren't there already laws against danger &/or distracted driving?

I'm sure there are. The main problem is the public's perception of cell phone use as not being a distraction. A MADD type campaign would probably work best.

As an aside, there were 3 incidents in these parts recently.

A teen girl totaled her SUV while texting. She wasn't seriously injured.

A pedestrian was struck and seriously injured by a vehicle that jumped the curb. The only thing I heard about the driver was that they were "distracted".

A woman who was 7 months pregnant stepped off the curb and was immediately struck and killed by a passing car. Police are theorizing she was on the phone at the time.