No country for old men

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
So alright, since many of you guys/gals loved it, anyone care to explain to me the whole point of the movie?

Was it about the assassin, the sheriff or the guy that took the money?

The only thing I liked was Javier Bardem performance, however I still think his acting was far stronger in The Sea Inside

AlladinSane

The movie was OK, but the ending is a bit disapointing. Well, I guess it was true to the novel... I still think Atonement was better

IDLEchild

Artsy fartsy crap (read: Cohen brothers) with zero plot and fewer redeeming qualities, designed to win awards instead of telling a fuggin story, and to make the film snobs orgasm all over themselves while the remaining 99.6% of the public goes "Huh?"

Or so I've been told. I ain't been inside a movie theatre in any year beginning with a 2.

Agreed in full.

Ended up being angry after wasting 2 hrs of my life on this crap. I usually love Coen brothers movies but this was just bad.

tonksy

Cormac McCarthy is a strange man to begin with, having read other offerings of his. I am thinking the Cohen Brothers aren't really to blame for creating a bizarre story - rather they just turned it into a film.