No execution for child rapists

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
While he might not be able to be executed, this means that child raping is JUST a crime deservig no special treatment, like no special cells, away from all the criminals who love their children.

Put him in General Population.

jimpeel

American jurisprudence has always been based upon the punishment fitting the crime. I am a firm believer in the death penalty; but the death penalty should require the death of another at the hands of the accused. Otherwise we end up like Saddam throwing dissidents off of tall buildings.

I also believe that the death penalty should be gruesome like poison gas or electricity. The perp didn't put their victim to sleep and lull them unto death in a humane way and it should be the same way with them. Why we take their feelings and humanity into account when we kill them is beyond me. Just more stupid PC bullshit.

In Pakistan there was a guy who was kidnapping, raping, and killing young boys. He would then take the bodies and place them in a vat of acid to dissolve the evidence.

http://www.dawn.com/weekly/mazdak/991211.htm

He deserved killing.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I say pedophilia is worse than murder because the entire life is now seen through a distorted prism. With murder, the suffering has ended.

spike

Not really surprising which side Jimbo will be on in a discussion about molesting children. :lol:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Two different discussions.

On molesting children, I can't speak for him but my guess would be he's against it.

On the state overstepping its authority & removing children that aren't at risk as well as children that might be at risk according to a false witnesss, he's spot on.

jimpeel

I say pedophilia is worse than murder because the entire life is now seen through a distorted prism. With murder, the suffering has ended.

So once a woman reaches the age of majority, and she gets raped, her life is unchanged? Should we not also be executing rapists of adult women?

There is an unintended consequence to these laws that must be addressed but never is by the politicians.

The rapist says to himself "If this kid talks, I'm going to the chair. If I kill it, I have a chance the crime will never be solved; and if it is I'm no worse off than I was if I let them go."

Look at the current paedophile laws that are in place today. Now compare the increase in the number of children who have been murdered by paedophiles since the laws were passed.

In the criminal mind, dead people tell no tales. Forensics is now all that is left to solve the crime from beyond the grave.

As for the suffering ending with death, are you then saying that the kids are better off dead than living a life coping with what happened?

What if they are very strong willed and don't allow themselves to be affected? Would those so disposed be better off dead?

Do you believe that a parent would rather bury their child than to take up the challenge of setting them on the road to recovery?

Fran Dresher was raped in a home invasion right in front of her husband by two men. Her friend was also raped in front of her husband as well. She has gone on to a productive life. Would she have been better off if her attackers had killed her? After all, her suffering would have been over. If the laws had called for the death penalty for the rapists, they might well have killed her and her husband.

jimpeel

Two different discussions.

On molesting children, I can't speak for him but my guess would be he's against it.

Let me guess; Spike just called me a child molester again?

On the state overstepping its authority & removing children that aren't at risk as well as children that might be at risk according to a false witnesss, he's spot on.

That case is still ongoing and the authorities have been mum on the subject. Says a lot about the strength of their case.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Should we not also be executing rapists of adult women?

I'm undecided on that. Pure unadulterated rape, yep. The problem is, there are enough false accusations & drunken binge stories that it's harder to classify.

jimpeel

Equal justice? As in rape is rape, adult or child?

Either kill them all or give them all hard time.

Too many laws are already being modified to reflect more severe punishment for the same crime with emphasis on the victim status or occupation. Gay, woman, child, minority, police officer, mail carrier, disabled, aged, etc.

Inkara1

So once a woman reaches the age of majority, and she gets raped, her life is unchanged?
It's changed, but less so than when it happens to a little kid.

Should we not also be executing rapists of adult women?
Not all... there is a big difference between bugging your date until she gives in and jumping a random woman, dragging her into a dark alley and forcibly raping her. Oddly enough, there are also multiple degrees of murder and not all of them are eligible for the death penalty.

There is an unintended consequence to these laws that must be addressed but never is by the politicians.

The rapist says to himself "If this kid talks, I'm going to the chair. If I kill it, I have a chance the crime will never be solved; and if it is I'm no worse off than I was if I let them go."
Let me see if I have this straight. The kid might talk and get him convicted... or she might not. The dead kid won't talk and the guy might get caught... or might not. So If the guy does get caught, either he gets executed for raping her, or kills her and gets executed for killing her. Awesome.

Look at the current paedophile laws that are in place today. Now compare the increase in the number of children who have been murdered by paedophiles since the laws were passed.

I don't seem to have numbers handy. Since you seem to have nothing better to do than look through all sorts of various crime stats, perhaps you could go to your bookmarks list, bring that stat up and give us a link. Perhaps you could also tell us what the number of murders of all ages has been in the same time frame. That would be great.

In the criminal mind, dead people tell no tales. Forensics is now all that is left to solve the crime from beyond the grave.
The funny part about that is that they will still need the forensics whether the kid is killed or not.

As for the suffering ending with death, are you then saying that the kids are better off dead than living a life coping with what happened?
Some actually would claim that, yes. I don't suppose you're familiar with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

What if they are very strong willed and don't allow themselves to be affected? Would those so disposed be better off dead?
You have obviously never met a rape victim. There's simply no other explanation for you making that fucked-up of a statement.

Do you believe that a parent would rather bury their child than to take up the challenge of setting them on the road to recovery?
Allow me to counter that question with another: would you prefer to die via exploding catheter or exploding suppository?

Fran Dresher was raped in a home invasion right in front of her husband by two men. Her friend was also raped in front of her husband as well. She has gone on to a productive life. Would she have been better off if her attackers had killed her? After all, her suffering would have been over. If the laws had called for the death penalty for the rapists, they might well have killed her and her husband.
1. The rest of us would be better off if she were dead because then we wouldn't have to listen to her voice.
2. Do you really expect me to believe that the death penalty would be a deterrent for one crime, rape, but not for another crime, murder?
3. You also seem to expect me to believe that the authorities have a 100-percent success rate on catching rapists and a zero-percent success rate in catching murderers.

Inkara1

Either kill them all or give them all hard time.

Too many laws are already being modified to reflect more severe punishment for the same crime with emphasis on the victim status or occupation. Gay, woman, child, minority, police officer, mail carrier, disabled, aged, etc.

That's kind of a slippery slope... next thing we know, we'll be seeing people wanting to marry little kids just the same as they marry adults. :lloyd:

jimpeel

Oddly enough, there are also multiple degrees of murder and not all of them are eligible for the death penalty.
Yes, there are. Those laws are based on intent to kill. Gettuing in a fist fight and the guy hitting his head is far different than coming to his house late at night and shooting him to death in his sleep.

Let me see if I have this straight. The kid might talk and get him convicted... or she might not. The dead kid won't talk and the guy might get caught... or might not. So If the guy does get caught, either he gets executed for raping her, or kills her and gets executed for killing her. Awesome.

Yep. You got it.

I don't seem to have numbers handy. Since you seem to have nothing better to do than look through all sorts of various crime stats, perhaps you could go to your bookmarks list, bring that stat up and give us a link. Perhaps you could also tell us what the number of murders of all ages has been in the same time frame. That would be great.

I don't have them handy either. All one has to do is to watch the news and notice how the incidence of child murder after abduction/rape has become the norm.

The funny part about that is that they will still need the forensics whether the kid is killed or not.

Forensics aided by a speaking, cognizant, eye witness.

Some actually would claim that, yes. I don't suppose you're familiar with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I don't have it and don't intend on getting it. There are those of us who are stronger mentally than others. Just a simple fact of life. Taking a "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out." tack might work but I find it unacceptable.

You have obviously never met a rape victim. There's simply no other explanation for you making that fucked-up of a statement.

I have personally known only one who was raped in her bed by a burglar who threatened to "do" her six-year-old daughter if she didn't cooperate. She was a neighbor friend whose bedroom wall shared ours. We didn't live there any more when the crime occurred or maybe, just maybe, we may have heard something out of place and investigated.

Allow me to counter that question with another: would you prefer to die via exploding catheter or exploding suppository?

Questions answered with questions, which are not also accompanied by an answer are unacceptable.

1. The rest of us would be better off if she were dead because then we wouldn't have to listen to her voice.
2. Do you really expect me to believe that the death penalty would be a deterrent for one crime, rape, but not for another crime, murder?
3. You also seem to expect me to believe that the authorities have a 100-percent success rate on catching rapists and a zero-percent success rate in catching murderers.

1. Somewhat agree.
2. No.
3. I don't remember saying that but I'm sure it is in there somewhere if you say it is.

What I think I DID say was "If the laws had called for the death penalty for the rapists, they might well have killed her and her husband." In other words, if the laws had been as strict for rape as they are for murder, what's the diff? If you leave no witnesses then you MIGHT survive. Killing them makes not a whit of difference in enhancing the penalty. Dead is dead.

jimpeel

That's kind of a slippery slope... next thing we know, we'll be seeing people wanting to marry little kids just the same as they marry adults. :lloyd:

Laws enhanced on demographics are insanity. The politicians merely make it sound sane to the useful idiots. "Look! We're doing something!"