Obama: firearms position

Discussion in 'The Real World' started by valkyrie, May 17, 2009.

1. valkyrie

valkyrie Well-Known Member

I'm tired of hearing misinformed people spout off about how Pres. Obama is going to take away their guns.

For the record... here is his position on firearms...
    Barack Obama on Gun Control

2. jimpeel

jimpeel Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty anti-firearm to me.

3. Frodo

Frodo Member

And this is pro second amendment how?

4. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

it's really not. obama's positions on guns are regrettable.

5. Gonz

Gonz molṑn labé Staff Member

Regrettable? They are right in line with his political beliefs.

6. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

not really. a lot of his positions show an open mind. this one doesn't. it's pure kneejerk.

7. Gonz

The most liberal voting record in Congress shows an open mind? He speaks well but you can tell he's lying - he's a politician.

8. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member

Vote for change!!!! Oh, sooory. You already did.

:rofl:

9. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

yeah too bad it was the only alternative to the dumbshit ticket.

10. valkyrie

There is nothing to indicate that the president is looking to take guns away from the citizenry. Yet I hear this all the time (especially at gun shows). Have any of you gone to buy ammunition lately? The price is through the roof!!!! Why? Because every dumb-shit thinks Obama is going to take away their guns. This is driving the price of ammunition to ridiculous amounts.

11. Gonz

Palin '12

12. Gonz

He needn't say it today. He has a history of opposing guns. There are bills before Congress that could place limits. Obama would quite feasibly sign one or more of them. The writing on the wall exists.

13. catocom

catocom Well-Known Member

:sick:

14. Gonz

Why the ugly face? Gov Palin is one of the few politicians who seems to understand federal power & its limitations.

15. catocom

catocom Well-Known Member

She just isn't genuine, besides I've made my position known about having a woman pres.

16. jimpeel

jimpeel Well-Known Member

17. Frodo

Frodo Member

Are you smokin crack or what? To quote your own post:

"35. Do you support state legislation to:
    a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
    b. ban assault weapons? Yes."

And that is one of many in your post. Maybe you are being sarcastic and I am missing it. If so, I apologize for the misunderstanding. BTW, what do you think his stance is on the .50BMG?

18. randomJACKASS

randomJACKASS Banned

You mean the psychotic theocracy dumbshit ticket?

19. valkyrie

Read on... You only quoted a small part...
    "Obama’s campaign said, “Sen. Obama didn’t fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn’t reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn’t reflect his views.”
    Source: FactCheck.org analysis of 2008 Philadelphia primary debate Apr 16, 2008

Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok
    Q: You said recently, “I have no intention of taking away folks’ guns.” But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you’ve said that it’s constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?

A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it’s important for us to recognize that we’ve got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people’s traditions.
    Source: 2008 Politico pre-Potomac Primary interview Feb 11, 2008"

20. Gonz

Again, I ask, why the attack on her person? Her ideology is too much for you?