Obama Supporter Blagojevich (D-IL) Arrested

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
i'm sure soon we'll be seeing a post about how hitler's ghost has been sighted wearing an obama t-shirt.

and so it was asked "why does RW suck?"

someone just earned a spot on my ignore list.

Actually...CNN said he was an Obama supporter. Not relevant, but it is accurate if the source is to be believed.

BTW...there's no such thing as ghosts...

GrandCaravanSE

The questions i asked were not answered. You see that right?

Actually he hasn't been sentenced to jail at this point.

I wonder what would happen if we compared the number of elected
republicans vs. democrats to ever have been jailed nationally?

i am pretty sure he posted bail. good thing the senate does not have accept who ever he appoints if they think that person is courpt.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Remember? Kenny Boy, the Saudis, etc.

Huh?

I want the names of GW Bush's "criminal connections". People that were directly tied to GW Bush, his administration or his campaigns, during or immediately preceding his election & during the last 8 years, Amuse me.

Yea, Scooter was tried, for lying to a prosecutor....hardly under oath.

spike

I want the names of GW Bush's "criminal connections". People that were directly tied to GW Bush, his administration or his campaigns, during or immediately preceding his election

Odd that you place those limitations on who you consider a criminal connection but don't have the same limitations for Obama. Why would that be?

Yea, Scooter was tried, for lying to a prosecutor....hardly under oath.

Scooter is a felon. Convicted on four counts. Odd too that you so easily dismiss felony convictions when it's somebody connected to your guy.

Easy there. Your hypocrisy is showing pretty clearly. Might want to reign it in a bit.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Odd that you place those limitations on who you consider a criminal connection but don't have the same limitations for Obama. Why would that be?

Since Obama & the Governor campaigned for each other, and are from the same area, in the same party & in the same city, the connections are clear.

Obama's history of friends is rather troublesome.

spike

Since Obama & the Governor campaigned for each other, and are from the same area, in the same party & in the same city, the connections are clear.

I haven't seen anything yet about Blago campaigning for Obama. Regardless it's a pretty tenuous connection. Are all the Republicans that campaigned for Saxby intimately connected to him now?

Don King campaign for Bush, are they close buddies? Maybe they are.

Obama's history of friends is rather troublesome.

Obama's history of friends looks like a day care center compared to Bush's corrupt and criminal buddies. Weird that you completely overlook one while being ridiculously critical of the other. Why the hypocrisy?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Are all the Republicans that campaigned for Saxby intimately connected to him now?

If they're from GA, there's a good possibility.

Obama's history of friends looks like a day care center compared to Bush's corrupt and criminal buddies. Weird that you completely overlook one while being ridiculously critical of the other. Why the hypocrisy?

No hypocrisy. I have no idea who you are talking about.

Cerise

Am I disheartened by the idea that you still haven't shown him to be an Obama supporter....

Red_revolving_light_large_anim..gif

STOP THE PRESSES!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 10, 2007 PRESS RELEASE from the Office of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich

“On this historic day, I am pleased to join many Illinoisans who are excited and proud to support Senator Obama in his bid for the Presidency. I know that Senator Obama will fight to make sure that working families have access to health care, good paying jobs, and opportunities to provide for their children. Senator Obama supports the very best of these Democratic values; they are values that he and I share, values I know he will fight for.

“Senator Obama has the vision, skills and dedication necessary to bring people together and make real progress in Washington to help solve our country’s greatest and most pressing problems. Senator Obama offers real hope for the American people and I am proud to give him my support.

“I want to take this opportunity on this historic day to urge the Legislature to immediately send me a bill to move our state’s primary from March 18, 2008 to February 5, 2008. That will give Illinois voters an opportunity to send an early message in support of Senator Obama and send him to victory.

Proceed.

spike

Awesome. Now you ready for the important part?

"or what that would possibly have to do with anything."

We've been waiting since the beginning of the thread.

Proceed.

spike

jimpeel

The ties have been presented. No, it's not likely that Obama was involved with this.

3rd Il governor in 35 years to go to jail. Hmmm, al democrats.

Blago will be the fourth Illinois governor to go to prison in the last 35 years.

Professur

I can't believe that noone's take up the issue that Jesse Jackson Jr. was in the running for that very seat. Remember his dad crying when Obama won? He didn't look particularly happy.

Cerise

Awesome. Now you ready for the important part?

"or what that would possibly have to do with anything."

We've been waiting since the beginning of the thread.

Proceed.

"We?"

Don't blow off the connection. 0bama supports Blago, Blago returns the favor. A mutual admiration society. You are known by the company you keep. :shrug:

I heard there are 300 hours of recorded conversations. :brow: Only a small amount has been released.

Almost forgot. I understand the Obama/Rezko land deal will soon have another name: First Lady Patti Blagojevich was a Rezko business partner for about a decade, receiving more than $38,000 in real estate commissions from him in 2004.

Cerise

Rep. Jesse L. Jackson Jr. vehemently denied Wednesday trying to bribe Illinois Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich to name him to President-elect Barack Obama's old Senate seat, as Mr. Obama and all 50 members of the Senate Democratic caucus called on the embattled governor to resign.

Mr. Jackson's attorney acknowledged that his client was the "Senate Candidate 5" mentioned 16 times in a 76-page affidavit laying out the FBI's corruption case against Mr. Blagojevich, but he said Mr. Jackson was not aware of anyone cutting deals on his behalf.

The affidavit quotes Mr. Blagojevich telling one of his advisers that he had bumped up Candidate 5 in his mind because the person, through an associate, has said the candidate would be willing to raise more money than other competitors for a future Blagojevich campaign.

spike

Don't blow off the connection. 0bama supports Blago, Blago returns the favor. A mutual admiration society. You are known by the company you keep.

People in politics in the same party often support each other. What I'm asking is how it is significant to this subject Cerise. All evidence points to the fact that Obama was in no way involved. You trying to associate Obama at all with this event is a completely transparent illogical desperate attempt to smear someone that wasn't involved.

It would be like trying to associate Bush with the crimes of Don King because King campaign for him.

Are you trying to say that the way to know Bush is by examining Don King because that is the company that he keeps?

bush-king.jpg

Or should we be judging Bush as company of Ken Lay?

060525_layBush_hmed_11a.hmedium.jpg

Or as company of the Saudis?

bush_kiss.jpg

H2O boy

tip of the iceberg

within the next 18 to 24 months every astute citizen of the country is going to know more about chicago politics than they care to know.

some of us already do