Official BBQ thread.

Professur

Welcome to your BBQ information channel. Check in frequently for breaking news about the meat meet. Anyone with blackout dates, post them here. We need to know who wants to come so we can make the best plans.

Attendees with food alergies, your two bits here too, or PM if you wanna keep them private.

Train's rolling, folks. Time to get on board, or get outta the way.

Camelyn

Also, those of you needing accomodations, pick-ups and drop-offs etc, please let us know so that arrangements can be made. Once the date is set, you can let us know your arrival and departure times, so we can make sure to have a driver at the ready.

We are a hospitable bunch, we Montrealers, and there will be no paying good money to stay at a hotel/motel for those of you coming. Unless of course you *want* to, 'cause you think Montrealers smell funny or something. It's your perogative ;)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I can't see being able to do Labour Day weekend. Other than that, pick a day and I'll do my best.

*gets outta the way of the train*

Inkara1

I already mentioned my inability to come up with the time and the money needed to drive here from California. :(

BlurOfSerenity

Kittie and myself would like to come up.

however, i can speak for both of us when i say that july 30 and 31, and aug 1 are out of the question due to a convention we are both going to.

and i will not be available for two weeks in august due to a trip my family is taking to germany. i'll post the dates of those weeks when i get a chance to ask my parents again.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I think that we could handle some tree bark provisions...are deciduous or coniferous preferred?

and I was wondering if HomeLAN couldn't maybe just accidentally "fall" into someone's trunk, to be sadly unnoticed till arrival at the BBQ site.

HomeLAN

I think my absence would be damned quickly noticed, no matter where I "fell into". That's the problem.

Subject to the boss's approval, though, I could do one at our place at another time. Either another time this year, or next year. Needs to be after June 1, though. Pool opens then.

Oz

I think Steweygrr (or raven, or woteverthefuckhe'scalled today) should host the next one.........it's much easier to swim to Manchester from here :retard3:

Professur

No reason not to hold them at the same time, and set up a virtual meet. A few PC-to-TV cards, and a nice high speed dsl link and Bob's yer uncle.

Oz

Professur said:
No reason not to hold them at the same time, and set up a virtual meet. A few PC-to-TV cards, and a nice high speed dsl link and Bob's yer uncle.

A bunch of otc'ers....a live cam link and ton's o' beer.....someone (or more likely several someones) will end up gettin' arrested :D

Raven

Annoying SOB
Oz said:
I think Steweygrr (or raven, or woteverthefuckhe'scalled today) should host the next one.........it's much easier to swim to Manchester from here :retard3:

In my GIGANTIC 15 foot garden? o0

Add me to the list, accomodation already sorted.

Professur

Good, good. Let's keep it rolling, folks. Anyone who's name doesn't appear here somewhere won't be eating.

Inkara1

Well, Clovis to Marietta, GA is about 9 hours less on the road than to Montreal. I might have to offer to host a West Coast party spot... except I don't think there are any regulars here any closer to me than Denver.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Providing it's on a long weekend (not the civi holiday though, even though I am sure that is irellevant since it isn't a holiday everywhere) I will be there. I will find someway there, no matter what it takes. But, non long weekends can't be done due to the lack of holiday days given to students when they work over the summer.