Discussion in 'The Real World' started by Gonz, Mar 27, 2010.
Thank God for free speech. Say, isn't that Lennin on your Toonie?
Anne threatened with arrest
It's Canada... they don't protest violently there.
But I have to wonder who would go to listen to her speak...
I mean, other than Neo-Nazis, misogynists and the KKK.
Free speech is, or isn't. When it comes to right-wing ideology, apparently, it isn't.
awwww, those poor little oppressed right wingers! everybody else is working against you!
why would laws against hate speech happen to coincide with right wing blather...? hmmm, i really wonder on that one....
but, really, they shoulda let her speak. just like the KKK has a right to be heard, even though they are dipshits.
Gonz... they're Canadians. What are they gonna do? Really.
If this had occurred in the US there would have been cause for concern... but... it's Canada. They'll make some signs, shout a little, then go home to watch hockey (or soccer) with a beer or two, eh.
(No offense intended, Bish!)
How do you type with your fingers in your ears?
Because the left finds emotions more fitting than thought.
If it makes you feel uncomfortable, it must be hateful.
How do you type with your head up your ass?
It's not confined to Left... a fine example representing the Right: "Tea Party Patriots".
With regards to Ann Coulter, I don't think anyone should care here. We (the USA) have lived with hate speech and hate mongers for a long time. We've learned that it is better to allow for Free Speech than to begin that slippery slope of censorship.
Long live The Constitution!
really? is that why all them baggers get in a big emo-mob tizzy when their caribou barbie throws out meaningless slogans?
remember gonz, freedom isn't free!!!!!!
That's right minks. It takes individuals & groups to stand up & let their voice(s) be heard. Go ahead & go back to your 6-figure job. We'll take care of it.
so your mob of swirling peons will do what, again? you think that's how real power works? through the seething and silly? hardly. best of luck.
My bad. We should continue to blow our estemmed leaders & hope they cum on our face with their brilliance.
no, you should continue to enjoy your bread and circuses.
ALL HAIL CAESAR!!!
Limiting free speech has always been a Canadian function. What do we expect of those who still cling to the same types we threw off two centuries ago?
But how will they enforce their speech laws against their citizens? After all, "It's Canada... they don't protest violently there."
yeah every time i go to canada it sure seems like a police state to me.
that big armored truck thingy is scary.
i bet they've got less that half of the amount of that kind of thing per capita that we have in the US.
Wow... Canada owns tanks? Should we be worried? Watch out everyone! Canada is going to invade!
1) When you leave your country, you do NOT export your laws, rights and freedoms wherever you go. You either follow the laws of the country where you are visiting, or you face prosecution and expulsion from those countries.
2) The V.P. of UoO personally decided to write to MsCoulter to remind her on our laws because she'd already shown at another University in Canada, that she does not respect those laws.
3) We value freedom of speech (Which is why she's continuing her tour of Canadian Universities and other meeting places) - but we do have restrictions, much like the USA does.
4) We also value freedom of protest/assembly... which is why so many people showed up to protest against her presence.
5) SHE cancelled her speech...Canada did not. She could've continued with her speech but chose not to do so.
6) If Canada did not want her to speak, we could've simply refused her entry into Canada.
Separate names with a comma.