Okay,so maybe Macs aren't that bad

BlurOfSerenity

am i weird, that i think the touchpad of the macbook is great? i like touchpads in general, though... i use laptops as actual laptops, i dont have a desktop setup, so that probably contributes to my liking of keeping things simple in this way.

Membership price for what? If you're referring to .mac it was $10 with purchase of the computer, and my understanding was that's the regular annual rate. Not bad at all.

maybe i got mine at the wrong time for that... end of '06... they sold me a year of iLife (i think?) which i recall was expensive, especially for the fact i never found a use for it, i tried the photo gallery feature it had, but it sucked, and was nothing like that fancy operation you've got.
i clicked the apple gallery icon at the bottom of your gallery, and then clicked the pricing tab, and eeep!

JJR512

I totally forgot to comment on the size/shape of the Mighty Mouse. I see some of you like it, some don't. It definitely is a compact design that travels easily; that's why I put it with my travel kit, and rarely used it at home. But in general I do not like the feel of it in my hand. I have become so accustomed to shaped mice that fill the curve of my palm, that to hold this little bar of soap is just weird.
am i weird, that i think the touchpad of the macbook is great? i like touchpads in general, though... i use laptops as actual laptops, i dont have a desktop setup, so that probably contributes to my liking of keeping things simple in this way.

maybe i got mine at the wrong time for that... end of '06... they sold me a year of iLife (i think?) which i recall was expensive, especially for the fact i never found a use for it, i tried the photo gallery feature it had, but it sucked, and was nothing like that fancy operation you've got.
i clicked the apple gallery icon at the bottom of your gallery, and then clicked the pricing tab, and eeep!
The only thing I don't like about the touch pad is that there is very little tactile difference between it and the surrounding laptop surface. I frequently find that I have slid my finger right off the edge of the pad, but I only notice this when I see the pointer on the screen has stopped moving.

You're right about the price of .Mac, and I was wrong. It's $99 normally. There is a $30 discount for the first year when you buy it with any Macintosh computer. Still, I think it's pretty nice, even for that price. I would like a little bit more customization, though; the gallery feature is very simple, just what you see in the link earlier. There is no way I know of to add descriptions (or any text) to the even pages, for example to explain where it was, what was going on and why, etc. However, with iWeb, part of iLife that comes on every new Mac (includes iTunes, iPhoto, etc.), you can create more customized web pages, including pages with photo galleries. These can be published on your .Mac webspace, I believe.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It's a great thing they even managed to get it so it's easy as pie to publish photos to the web... I think where most other things like that go wrong is that they try to add too much to the product, and it distracts from the main goal. Though, I'm not so sure that was just an oversight or a design decision for the .Mac photo gallery; it doesn't seem like too complex of a thing to add. The only thing I could think of is to just rename the photo itself, which is quite a task for large photo albums but would probably accomplish a similar effect.