Old school gamers....

Cleveland

I am in the process of cleaning a house out. The previous owners left alot of items there.

I ran across three or more boxes (15x24x12) in the attic and the basement that contain old role playing games. Alot of them are war based... world war 3 197?-198? is the name of one of them... Most of them are IBM compatible PC games with maps and such, LOL, they list system req.s as 256K permanent memory and such. And I remember reading "TANDY" on them.

There are around thirty games. All different titles, some series... and some original D&D books.

IS this stuff worth anything? And where?

B

Bubba

Maybe to someone but not most people. Try ebay and see what you can find.

Professur

The D&D books are definately worth something. Bish might be the one to talk to there. That's his thing.

HomeLAN

More detail on the WW3 games, please. Map games? Who made 'em? How many modules of that game do you have?

Cleveland

Actually the WW3 game doesnt seem to need modules.

There are like 30 different games. I really couldnt be more specific at this time. I was just wondering if that type of game were collectable. I would really like to get them to someone that would appreciate them.

And YES some of them use maps as well as a computer.

MrBishop

Professur said:
The D&D books are definately worth something. Bish might be the one to talk to there. That's his thing.

Depends on the condition...they mostly get a lot of money for 'unopened' in original packing etc... the Tandy stuff'll get you more cash, opened or not. Some people insist on using old systems...hell I know someone that used to go online with a Timex of all things. :0

Cleveland

When I get some time, I'll make a list of the games and post them. You guys can have first dibs. (if you want). I'll dig this thread up to post the names.

Thanks for the info guys and gals....

PS the D&D books were from 1978 or so.... I dont know what edition they are, I think 4th, but they are original not ADVANCED.

Aunty Em

MrBishop said:
hell I know someone that used to go online with a Timex of all things.

How the fuck did he go online with a watch... (well known brand of watch in the UK) ?(

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
It's a watch here too, Aunty. But, they also dabbled in the puter market for a bit.

Aunty Em

I bet you wish we still drove around with a horse and buggy too... good for the roses though. :D

MrBishop

Nothing wrong with Anachronisms...especailly technological ones. Hell...I still have an 8086 laptop at home (working) as well as a Compaq 4/25 (25mhz-4MB ram) which I still use for typing up my short stories.