Older'n dirt

A.B.Normal

During the summer ,when I was working the overnights,I was getting help from one a female coworker to rearrange some inventory.She said ,"Gee,its just like helping my dad do stuff around the house". :crying:

BeardofPants

Oh... I remember you mentioning that, come to think of it. Ignorant question, but do you get your period after getting 'em tied?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OMG he's in grade 8 les?! and V2.0 is in grade 7 prof?! HOLY COW! I had no idea so much time had passed!

TexasRaceLady

My being 60 doesn't bother me as much as the idea that my BABY brother is 56!

I intend to live by my Dad's motto --- I may grow old, but I'll NEVER grow up!

Sharky

I gave my mother a birthday card yesterday that may make you laugh. The front said "Another Birthday, but don't worry" The inside said "You aren't old until you start putting your lipstick on way bigger than your mouth."
:rofl:

My being 60 doesn't bother me as much as the idea that my BABY brother is 56!

I intend to live by my Dad's motto --- I may grow old, but I'll NEVER grow up!
That's probably how my oldest brother feels. His baby brother (moi) is 46 and has a grey beard.

He's 62 . . .

Inkara1

So "high school" in Canada starts in 8th grade? In the US, it typically starts at 9th grade, and 9th-graders (freshmen) usually turn 15 during that year... they usually turn 18 during their 12th-grade (senior) year.

We start off with kindergarten (kids typically turn 6 during their kindergarten year) then go to first grade and on through there. Any schooling before kindergarten is called preschool and is optional, but certainly recommended.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
In Ontario, children start Kindergarten (2 years of it) the year they turn 4. As long as they turn 4 by December, they're in. It's optional.

Secondary (High) School starts in grade 9, and runs for 4 years. Zach is in grade 8 now, he just got his packet for next year's high school move. He's the youngest in his class, as his birthday is at the end of December.

75renegade

Well Leslie, perhaps the beauty of earthly age is the benefit of the maturing perspective it affords us.

I think it's cool how we not only get the opportunities to share our growing perspectives with our children, but far more than that, instead of merely preaching at them, our experiences empower us to guide and encourage them far more effectively, which sets them up for much greater successes.

Within the experiences of attempting to teach them, come the opportunities to let them teach us, which for me is one of my favorite benefits of being a parent!

Cheer up, another cool thing about "old dirt", is its ability with time, to become increasingly richer and able to produce a far better crop than those previous!!

Starya

So "high school" in Canada starts in 8th grade? In the US, it typically starts at 9th grade, and 9th-graders (freshmen) usually turn 15 during that year... they usually turn 18 during their 12th-grade (senior) year.

We start off with kindergarten (kids typically turn 6 during their kindergarten year) then go to first grade and on through there. Any schooling before kindergarten is called preschool and is optional, but certainly recommended.
Over here kids start first grade the year they turn 6. What we refer to as kindergarten is optional, and for all ages. The oldest kids in kindergarten will have more "school-preparing" activities.
The mandatory school is from age 6 to 16, and is divided into elementary school (grades 1-7) and junior high (8-10). My Critter is currently in 8th grade.