ON guns. Intresting link/survey included

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
AnomalousEntity said:
Umm thanks?

Ok I dont blame you for going there, some points for that.

1) I have been carrying since 96 without incident.
2) I have never brandished or reach for my weapon (and I hope like hell I never have to)
3) I am a very over-percautions (err on the side of caution) type person (this is why I take any and every precaution type person).
4)When it comes to discerning real threat...I am very cautions/conservative. If I ever do use a weapon, Ill make DAMMED SURE its appropriate. In fact, Ill gaurantee you Id be MORE DISCRIMINATING/CAUTIONS than 90% of the police making patrols.

I guess the only reply I have to that is Then why bother carrying? If you would rather err on the side of caution, chances are you will be dead. That my dear boy is my entire argument. You are going to wait until you know there is a threat to your life, IE there is a gun pointed at you. Do you really think that your concealed weapon is going to help you then?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
AnomalousEntity said:
Sorry about the previous retort. Im having a bad week at work.

A couple things

1) If all you can contribute are personal attacks...perhaps you should not contribute?

2) If you will look at the times you will see that NO POSTS WERE EDITED AFTER A REPLY WAS ENTERED.

I could explain to you that doing it prior to a response is acceptable, but Ill assume you can reason that out for yourself.

I know I should slow down...but my job is hectic some times and I try to make quickposts.

I think one of two actually did get edited....AS SOMEONE was replying...so sorry!

First of all, we all have bad days at work, that's why it's called work, not Play.

As for the rest,

1) If you think all I can contribute is personal attacks, ok, I guess that's what you think that is. Fair enough. It wasn't really meant to be, but whatever.

2) I did look at the times, however, I can also find several other edits where it wasn't done before someone else replied. Would you really like me to take the time to do that? I'd rather not, as I do have other things to do with my time. I was just trying to point out to you that if you really intend for us to take you seriously, it may be in your best interest not to edit every other post. You see, even if you edit before others post, there is still this lingering feeling that something is amiss. I'm quite sure I don't have to explain that to you either.

ris

there is a certain grain of truth to that, especially with long posts - people might read it and then reply later without knowing the post has been altered.

Mirlyn

AnomalousEntity said:
Sorry about the previous retort. Im having a bad week at work.

A couple things

1) If all you can contribute are personal attacks...perhaps you should not contribute?

2) If you will look at the times you will see that NO POSTS WERE EDITED AFTER A REPLY WAS ENTERED.

I could explain to you that doing it prior to a response is acceptable, but Ill assume you can reason that out for yourself.
You know, I was told as a kid to think about what you're going to say before you say it. Perhaps the same could be said here? Rather than editing things, think about them before you post...makes it easier for you and for us. Do what I do.....read up on this at work, then think over the best response on the drive home, and post it when you get there. That way when it comes to whatever you were going to say it A) comes out like it should the first time and B) you'll cool off enough to refrain from childish tacticts like name calling and insults. I saw better class in high school debate. :)

While we're getting things off our chests

I'd like to point out something that has been bothering me lately

Maybe I'm just anal....

and maybe its just this thread

But the extra carrige returns are driving me nuts. :retard:

AnomalousEntity

Mirlyn said:
You know, I was told as a kid to think about what you're going to say before you say it. Perhaps the same could be said here? Rather than editing things, think about them before you post...makes it easier for you and for us. Do what I do.....read up on this at work, then think over the best response on the drive home, and post it when you get there. That way when it comes to whatever you were going to say it A) comes out like it should the first time and B) you'll cool off enough to refrain from childish tacticts like name calling and insults. I saw better class in high school debate. :)

While we're getting things off our chests

I'd like to point out something that has been bothering me lately

Maybe I'm just anal....

and maybe its just this thread

But the extra carrige returns are driving me nuts. :retard:

Regarding the insults and high school tactics...I think that post would have been more appropriately responded to certain others in this thread.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
AnomalousEntity said:
Umm thanks?

Ok I dont blame you for going there, some points for that.

1) I have been carrying since 96 without incident.
2) I have never brandished or reach for my weapon (and I hope like hell I never have to)
3) I am a very over-percautions (err on the side of caution) type person (this is why I take any and every precaution type person).
4)When it comes to discerning real threat...I am very cautions/conservative. If I ever do use a weapon, Ill make DAMMED SURE its appropriate. In fact, Ill gaurantee you Id be MORE DISCRIMINATING/CAUTIONS than 90% of the police making patrols.

Like I said I don't know you at all in the real world, but if you hope you never have to reach for the gun, then I'd rather you have a gun then someone who would shoot at a guy who cut him off.

Oz

This thread scares the hell outa me..........are things really that bad that we need to go out and buy a shitload of guns? :blank:

*pops out to buy kevlar underpants*