OTC is moving again!

Aunty Em

Q said:
Steve is hot?? I wanna see!

Huh??? WHAT??? WHERE??? Me, me, me! I wanna see too! Yes! Yes!

HOT!!! guy coming through............:leghump:

Oh Mr Hostie.......................... Will you come back for a Scoobie snack... two... three.... four...? :D ;)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the flurffmeister.ath.cx home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah. That's InsightBB not liking me running servers anymore. I can still access it through localhost though. :mope:

Gomez Addams

Fury - in one of my other personas (yes, I have MPD) I am an administrator of an Invision Board and we have over 16000 members, 12000 topics, and 105000 posts. It holds up quite well for us, in fact I don't recall it ever crashing. The one thing I really dislike about it is that we can't ban users with "unknown" IP addresses.

FWIW - the site is http://www.simmods.com and I am known as Vince Klortho there. :)

BTW - Invision has a "service" whereby they will convert all your posts over to their board's format. The trouble is that the embedded HTML from emoticons and such didn't get transferred worth a damn and they billed us for it.

Gomez Addams

Hey AS. No stalking, I am just very busy. Surprisingly, our site is one of the easiest I have ever had to moderate or administer but I also have lots of other things going on - tons of racing (prototypes and GTs) and car building and software projects and web work and ...

Anyway, I really will try to visit more. There are lots of familiar people here. :)

BTW - does anyone know of good, high volume, inexpensive hosting services ? You would not believe our bills lately. Our traffic is enormous for a privately-run enthusiasts site.

Party on.

Professur

Gomez Addams said:
Fury - in one of my other personas (yes, I have MPD) I am an administrator of an Invision Board and we have over 16000 members, 12000 topics, and 105000 posts. It holds up quite well for us, in fact I don't recall it ever crashing. The one thing I really dislike about it is that we can't ban users with "unknown" IP addresses.

FWIW - the site is http://www.simmods.com and I am known as Vince Klortho there. :)

BTW - Invision has a "service" whereby they will convert all your posts over to their board's format. The trouble is that the embedded HTML from emoticons and such didn't get transferred worth a damn and they billed us for it.

Well, son, your traffic might have been enormous. But we're still here, and you ain't. So :wave2:

Gomez Addams

Oh we're still around. We just changed from an amateur mod-making team to a professional game development company with one product published and more on the way. As a result we have a new name and URL. Traffic and bandwidth are far less an issue now too and people have been hired to run the boards. Thank heaven for that though. I am sick of being the referee at a kindergarten.

I see that you haven't changed much as you're right on top of things. My post was from 2003. :cool2:

MrBishop

Like a bolt from out of the blue sky!

Someone had his 'subscribe to thread' on for this one, eh?
:rofl:

So Gomez...what the game called?

greenfreak

Leslie said:
this thread was teh funny :laugh:
Ah memories. I really miss that bitchbag.

I wanna know how you gave me karma for something that old! Yer screwing around with teh karma agin arentcha.

Professur

fury said:
Just kidding. But now that I got your attention... :D

http://flurffmeister.ath.cx/ib/index.php

OTC on Invision Board. This is only an example board, so any test posts wouldn't be transferred if we decide to go for it. There are still a couple quirks to work out, but by far, loads a SHITLOAD faster to me.

What does everyone else think? (note: by that question, I mean what are your constructive comments about it, not "I hate it, looks ugly. Gimme the bland and slow vBulletin any day.")

:beerbang:

They'll let anyone in.