outage

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I have deposited enough money in a Swiss bank account to keep OTC alive through eternity...If you can gues the 14 digit, alpha-numeric access code, its yours.....:D

OH yeah....just kidding:D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Unc: This would help more than lowering av sizes, but is not required. We're gonna have another 30 gigs to go with starting tomorrow.

PuterTutor said:
I disabled avatars and showing pics automatically for today. It's in the control panel under options.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
av's aren't the problem, at least not ones like yours prof or mine...perhaps the size could be limited...and turning images off is kinda dissapointing in the arts forum...
i link images from my server directly anyway :)

what was it with the outage during 3/4 of the day today? :(

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Shadowfax said:
what was it with the outage during 3/4 of the day today?

Exactly. We're not over usage now (new month)..tries to post about the Columbia disaster & couldn't get into here, Xibase or phantasy.

Professur

Gonz said:
Shadowfax said:
what was it with the outage during 3/4 of the day today?

Exactly. We're not over usage now (new month)..tries to post about the Columbia disaster & couldn't get into here, Xibase or phantasy.

I was going frantic. Xi, JJR512, OTC, F3D ... All down. I spent hours trying to contact anyone and everyone on ICQ, MirC, MSN, AIM. Couldn't get a hold of anyone 'cept Nixy and she was leaving.

*sob*

I was so all alone.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Professur said:
I spent hours trying to contact anyone and everyone on ICQ, MirC, MSN, AIM.

I kicked mine on & saw Sam wasn't really there, Nixy, Leslie & (someone else) seemed away...pretty damned sad when our lives are so tied to the computer & nobodies home:D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Professur said:
Do the images linked from your server pass through the OTC server on their way to me?

erm, they are directly linked from my server...if the upload wasn't that slow i'd have an account so everybody could link their images from my server, unfortunately it can't handle that :(

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
ok i talked to the host finally... there was a snow storm where the servers sit. NJ and they lost power. unfortunately the backup gens were not running at full capacity so none of their sites were up.
But i did manage to secure that untill we go with the new server package that they would automatically add a gig a day to the account untill the end of the billing cycle. so no need to turn anything off. that defeats the whole purpose of doing this.
The host is back up to full capacity and they are working on the gens now.

Inkara1

Since we get 30 gigs for the 28-day month of February, would this be a good month to post some really huge shit? :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
As of the 2nd, we've only used about 1.2 gigs. Seems disabling sigs, avatars and images can make a huge difference :eek: