Overstepping their authority, again

2minkey

bootlicker
We've got a marxist preparing to become President whilst the current administration paves the road.

dude you'd accuse your balls and dong of being marxists if they weren't attached to you.

all this crap from palin et al about the "patriotic states" sounds a lot like militant nationalist crap. they must be fascists. they must love hitler. and you, of course, must be too. by association.

:bash:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Let me know when John starts ther ovens. Until then, I'm just a stupid blind follower.

spike

You have to have ovens to be a Fascist but you just need to support some tax to be a Marxist. :rofl3:

Your definitions just suck Gonz.

valkyrie

So, next it'll be GM? Ford? ExxonMobil? AT&T?

It'll hurt like hell but the system only works when failures are allowed to collapse. Weakening the gene pool...

Wall St Journal
This I agree with. The tax payers should not be bailing out these companies. If they weren't allowed to come to the government with their hand out they'd figure out something else to survive... or they wouldn't. And either way, it's OK. Yes, it will hurt. But taxpayers are already going to hurt with the bailout. We're going to get screwed one way or another. Why make our children pay for the mistakes of these companies.

Frodo

It's good to see that the Republicans all voted against it and did not fall for the "can't we all get along" bipartisan crap. This is a giant turd and when it starts to stink, they can point the finger in the correct direction. No let's see how the Senate Republicans do.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Elections have consequences. We are about to witness a severe one.

The Republicans are doing the right thing....where were they 6 months ago?

chcr

Too cute for words
Elections have consequences. We are about to witness a severe one.

The Republicans are doing the right thing....where were they 6 months ago?
On the bandwagon. What history will see as having destroyed America will likely be this childish inability to put the well-being of the country above perceived personal prerogatives.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The last time they threatened us with DO IT NOW OR THE KID GETS IT, it passed & we're still awaiting the grand turn around.

"This recession might linger for years. Our economy will lose 5 million more jobs. Unemployment will approach double digits. Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse,"

Where's the HOPE Mr President?

catocom

man, obama was mad tonight...'bout got horse it sounded like.
He may not get much of anything if he can't get it together.

Obama needs a better pulse on the people...What happened to the people man?

all that shouting makes me nervous. With his gloom and doom.

Cerise

This I agree with. The tax payers should not be bailing out these companies.....

There was a time when if you couldn't make it, you were done. You didn't say: "Hey, what about me? Now what am I supposed to do?"

This ain't your grandpappy's USA, and it never can or will be again, so why not stop pining for what can never again be?

I am not sure how I feel about bailouts, although they make me uneasy, but the cap on executive salary should have been in Bush's first one, at least, good call there.

Also, re:....

Fox News said:
....Republicans charge the stimulus plan is loaded down with pet Democratic spending and ignores the curative powers of tax cuts.

Obama hotly disagreed, saying Republicans were promoting a failed theory, "the notion that tax cuts alone will solve all our problems; that we can meet our enormous tests with half-steps and piecemeal measures; that we can ignore fundamental challenges such as energy independence and the high cost of health care and still expect our economy and our country to thrive."....

Truer words were never spoken. The notion that health care should be a for profit business, yet lawsuits of any magnitude allowed and even encouraged is ludicrous. It actually costs us far more than it saves over socialized systems, and it feeds "insurance company legalized racketeering"! Our system is a lose, lose, for everyone but the insurance companies and the ambulance chasers. Damn! Wake the hell up to that fact already! Every doctor I know personally favors a a different system than there is now, and nearly every patient. Every doctor I know, and I know quite a few, would be in favor of a partially at least, socialized system.

In simpler times tax cuts had more positive effect, and there is still reason to keep taxes as low as possible, but again, times have changed. Welcome to this century! Will you please acknowledge it's 2009, not 1909 already?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This ain't your grandpappy's USA, and it never can or will be again, so why not stop pining for what can never again be?

With that attitude, you're right.

I am not sure how I feel about bailouts, although they make me uneasy, but the cap on executive salary should have been in Bush's first one, at least, good call there.

Damned straight. Oh, by the way, you don't need more than $3.82/hour.

catocom

Also, re:....

Truer words were never spoken. The notion that health care should be a for profit business, yet lawsuits of any magnitude allowed and even encouraged is ludicrous. It actually costs us far more than it saves over socialized systems, and it feeds "insurance company legalized racketeering"! Our system is a lose, lose, for everyone but the insurance companies and the ambulance chasers. Damn! Wake the hell up to that fact already! Every doctor I know personally favors a a different system than there is now, and nearly every patient. Every doctor I know, and I know quite a few, would be in favor of a partially at least, socialized system.

In simpler times tax cuts had more positive effect, and there is still reason to keep taxes as low as possible, but again, times have changed. Welcome to this century! Will you please acknowledge it's 2009, not 1909 already?

I agree mostly.
The problem is The current bill didn't address those things, as much as the pet projects/pork.