*PISSED OFF*

K62

Well, I have this friend who was one of my best friends growing up and had to move to USA (nh) when he was about 15. He asked me a few days ago if I would be interested in going to a huge Air/sea show at the end of April in Fort Lauderdale, Florida! Even better, he found Air plane tickets + 3 nights in a hotel for $250USD!

Of course I said YES and have been damn excited since. After we thought that we had it all figured out, he tells me a few minutes ago that you have to be 21 to book ANY hotel in Florida! I will be 20 at the time.

That is fucking stupid. Here, they don't care at ALL if you book a hotel. I have many times and have never had a problem. I once had to put a damage deposit down when I was like 17.

So here is to the great USA, where you can die for your country when you are 18, but can't book a hotel room, or sip a wet until you are 21. :mad4:

HomeLAN

Whatever the blockage is, it isn't legal. I found several FL hotels on line that'll reserve at 18 with a CC. Some hotels have more restrictive policies, but keep calling around.

You will have bigger troubles renting a car, though. And you're right, no legal booze.

K62

HomeLAN said:
Whatever the blockage is, it isn't legal. I found several FL hotels on line that'll reserve at 18 with a CC. Some hotels have more restrictive policies, but keep calling around.

You will have bigger troubles renting a car, though. And you're right, no legal booze.

Ah really? I think he has tried most of them on www.expedia.com and those type of sites that have good prices. I will talk to him more about it later.

K62

SouthernN'Proud said:
Damn. Guess you better stay in Canada, huh?

Nope, I am invading your homeland either way.

If I don't go to Florida, he asked if I would like to go stay with him for a week or so. He lives in NH.

What is the rule on bringing alcohol that was legally bought in Canada across the border? If it is found, will they just take it? I have only crossed the border a few times.

MrBishop

Having worked in a hotel before..the trick is to have someone who's over 21 book the room for you, but use your card upon c/out. They shouldn't be checking your ID upon c/in and won't bother unless you cause troubles.

Booze...well, that depends on the bar and the bouncer, eh?
I've seen more than my share of 16 year olds in MTL bars and clubs.

tonksy

K62 said:
Nope, I am invading your homeland either way.

If I don't go to Florida, he asked if I would like to go stay with him for a week or so. He lives in NH.

What is the rule on bringing alcohol that was legally bought in Canada across the border? If it is found, will they just take it? I have only crossed the border a few times.
there is a certain amount allowed, anything above that needs to be declared and paid taxes on. we brought some beer back from canada (2 six packs). i forget the amounts that you are allowed but i'm sure you could search online.

K62

MrBishop said:
Having worked in a hotel before..the trick is to have someone who's over 21 book the room for you, but use your card upon c/out. They shouldn't be checking your ID upon c/in and won't bother unless you cause troubles.

Booze...well, that depends on the bar and the bouncer, eh?
I've seen more than my share of 16 year olds in MTL bars and clubs.

Hmm, alrighty.. it is starting to look up somewhat.

I wouldn't mind just buying the plane tickets, and then just sleeping where ever we can. Come on! It's Florida! I surely won't freeze to death sleeping outside :p

K62

tonksy said:
there is a certain amount allowed, anything above that needs to be declared and paid taxes on. we brought some beer back from canada (2 six packs). i forget the amounts that you are allowed but I'm sure you could search online.

Ah ok, but the drinking age in Canada is 18 or 19. In the USA it is 21.

I will be 20 in a few weeks so I can legally buy it here, but can't legally buy it in the USA. So I assume if they find it on me crossing the border they will take it?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
K62 said:

I will be 20 in a few weeks so I can legally buy it here, but can't legally buy it in the USA. So I assume if they find it on me crossing the border they will take it?

I would think so yes...because you are not legally allowed to buy or drink it there...so why would you have it? :D

K62

Ah, well.

If they are as slack down there as they are up here, I am sure I won't have a problem.

I feel like I am 17 again trying to get booze up here. :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
K62 said:

If you have age of majority in your country you have it in any country. Isn't that the way it works?

K62

SouthernN'Proud said:
Florida and New Hampshire won't be in my way at all. :D

Well then,

I will go to every southern state until I find you. I'll walk down some roads in Texas screaming "SOUTHERN N PROUD! THIS IS JON. FROM CANADA" And see how long it takes for someone to shoot me.

;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
States have individual laws. Google "FL, alcohol laws" or something. Most likely you'll find, puchasing & possession laws. As far as hotels, they're private companies & most have an age limit. The limit tends to be more heavily enforced in tourist areas & college towns. For a legitimate reason. "Kids" tear shit up far more than 40 year old white wimins.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
K62 said:
Well then,

I will go to every southern state until I find you. I'll walk down some roads in Texas screaming "SOUTHERN N PROUD! THIS IS JON. FROM CANADA" And see how long it takes for someone to shoot me.

;)

Lemme help. Try Tennessee. Eastern. North Carolina border. Between Newport and Erwin. Up in the mountains. And leave the "from Canada" part off. Trust me, we got some marksmen up here. :D

You start hollerin' for somebody Southern and proud around here and you'll cause a stampede.

Mare

K62 said:
I wouldn't mind just buying the plane tickets, and then just sleeping where ever we can. Come on! It's Florida! I surely won't freeze to death sleeping outside :p

NOPE-won't freeze to death-BUT-better watch out for the gators & skeeters.... :D