*PISSED OFF*

K62

Gonz said:
States have individual laws. Google "FL, alcohol laws" or something. Most likely you'll find, puchasing & possession laws. As far as hotels, they're private companies & most have an age limit. The limit tends to be more heavily enforced in tourist areas & college towns. For a legitimate reason. "Kids" tear shit up far more than 40 year old white wimins.

Yeah, I do understand that. Around here that is what they have damage deposits for.

You have to see though, it is frustrating for a 20 year old who has no intention of causing any damage.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I remember it sucked. I also remember there was always a way around the rules.

K62

Well, my bud and I called a bunch of hotels that we could find the numbers of.

They all said 21, one of the people said that the White Sands Inn would allow people as young as 18 stay. Also, this site HERE says 18 also. My problem is that I can't find a damn number to call them ! Google brings up a number, but when I call it he says that the number has been disconnected. :(

Do you think I should just book it anyways? With out confirming the price?

If I get there, and for some reason the age is 21. What will they say? "Go to hell"? Or are most of them reasonable.?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Have you tried lower mid level places like Days Inn or Super 8? They usually don't suck & aren't excessively paranoid.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
K62 said:
Well, my bud and I called a bunch of hotels that we could find the numbers of.

They all said 21, one of the people said that the White Sands Inn would allow people as young as 18 stay. Also, this site HERE says 18 also. My problem is that I can't find a damn number to call them ! Google brings up a number, but when I call it he says that the number has been disconnected. :(

Do you think I should just book it anyways? With out confirming the price?

If I get there, and for some reason the age is 21. What will they say? "Go to hell"? Or are most of them reasonable.?

Since you're in the Canuck navy, have you tried calling the nearby navy base, and seeing if they have any rooms in their billeting? :rolleyes: Some people just don't know how to shop. :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
K62 said:
Ah ok, but the drinking age in Canada is 18 or 19. In the USA it is 21.

I will be 20 in a few weeks so I can legally buy it here, but can't legally buy it in the USA. So I assume if they find it on me crossing the border they will take it?
Is he 21? Have him buy your beer

habanero

K62 said:
So here is to the great USA, where you can die for your country when you are 18, but can't book a hotel room, or sip a wet until you are 21. :mad4:
Aaah quit yer whinning and grow up!

heh

K62

Gato_Solo said:
Since you're in the Canuck navy, have you tried calling the nearby navy base, and seeing if they have any rooms in their billeting? :rolleyes: Some people just don't know how to shop. :D

Actually, that would have been a good idea. I never though of that.

We have one booked now though, so it all looks good :)