PM freezes...

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Is there anything that can be done? It went from freezing IE to freezing my whole computer....:cuss:

Oricon

its a problem with the read receipt... its java script if you disable java script it should not freeze it up

Camelyn

Squiggy said:
I'm on a Mac, Cam...IE 6 isn't an option for us...maybe I'll try iCab..

Oh poo, here I tought I could cut it with the uber-geeks and give a helpful softwarey type answer....

That'll learn me :D

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Well....that didn't work...:( Guess I'll just have to get used to hard restarts and hope this computer can take it...

Mare

Yes I had probs today too with this. Pm's with stewrrrr and mine kept freezing???wassup wit that????

Oricon

might want to ask fury if he could remove the java script read receipts.... thats whats causing the problems and i know it. disabling java script should have worked.

peterska2

doesn't it come up saying yes or no to sending the read reciept?

if it does then surely clicking no would solve the problem. either that or make sute that you tell the person not to request one from you coz it kills your pc

Oricon

its the receipt thing... I know its that i had this same problem on my board with some of the mac users

peterska2

just tried it with squiggy and it got through ok but it might be something else so i'm not saying for def yet.

Raven

Annoying SOB
Mare said:
Yes I had probs today too with this. Pm's with stewrrrr and mine kept freezing???wassup wit that????
Heres your problem: Justintime had this problem a while back. Turns out its a bad cookie. Clear your net cache and delete your cookies and you should be back in the PM business

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I've disabled message tracking for all usergroups. Let me know if any of you use a Mac and still get PM freezes.