PM Inbox changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike

Did someone change the number of PMs you can have in your Inbox? It suddenly switched to a limit of 50 in the last couple days for me which puts me over by about 60 PMs.

I imagine the space they take up in the database is next to nothing compared to all the threads.

valkyrie

I don't know what's up...

From mine:
Inbox contains 39 messages.
You have 55 messages stored, of a total 500 allowed.

spike

Inbox contains 110 messages.
You have 211 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed.

So that's 50 sent or received. I keep most of those because they were interesting. I've cleaned out some but it's going to be hard to get it down to 50 sent or received.

I had just sent Gonz a pm before this happened and he said he would try to get in contact with Leslie to see if I could be let out of the KK because I promised not to insult anyone even if they insulted me first.

Now I don't even know if he replied because my inbox is suddenly 100% full. He did tell me he doesn't read any threads in the KK so I really have no way of getting in touch with him at the moment.

If one of you guys could check in with him and see if he's heard from Leslie that would be great.

spike

Shit valkyrie you have very few messages stored. Still over my new limit though.

Any ideas why it would happen?

valkyrie

Hehe... cool! Spike your free!
*/hides cake with saw baked into it
eh... you won't be needing this. :D

spike

Um, spike ... you've been loose for nearly a week now. Didn't you notice at all?

No, I didn't notice any change since the RW is still hidden while I'm logged in . Maybe about the same time my access was changed for some of the other forums my pm inbox quota got switched?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So that's 50 sent or received. I keep most of those because they were interesting. I've cleaned out some but it's going to be hard to get it down to 50 sent or received.

I had just sent Gonz a pm before this happened and he said he would try to get in contact with Leslie to see if I could be let out of the KK because I promised not to insult anyone even if they insulted me first.

Now I don't even know if he replied because my inbox is suddenly 100% full. He did tell me he doesn't read any threads in the KK so I really have no way of getting in touch with him at the moment.

If one of you guys could check in with him and see if he's heard from Leslie that would be great.

You're out. Didn't she tell you?

spike

Maybe she did but since my Inbox quota suddenly got lowered to 50 messages and is full I didn't get it.

Have any idea what happened there? Also I still don't have RW access. What's up with that?

Professur

Well, if I were the admin letting you out, and given that the offenses you were kornered for took place in the RW, I'd limit your access there for the first month or so myself. As it is, I doubt that's the case, but I'm not in the know. Try clearing your cookies. Alternately, I may be right, and you've been slid sideways into a restricted group of your own. That would explain the sudden limitation to your inbox too.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Since you (spike) post in other forums, she thought that it would be prudent to allow you access everywhere but the RW.

spike

Ok, it's been months and I've promised several times not to insult people unless I'm insulted first. What more does she want exactly?

Also, think you might be able to fix my inbox situation?

Professur

Ok, it's been months and I've promised several times not to insult people unless I'm insulted first. What more does she want exactly?

Also, think you might be able to fix my inbox situation?

See my above post, Spike. It's exact how I would have handled it. A month back in the general population (such as it is), with a requirement to use the rest of the site.

spike

Whatever, I can do that. Just tell me what happens the next time RM, Winky, H20, Gato, or Cerise insults someone? Just for the record and all.

spike

Still, if someone could fix this inbox problem. None of the mods have really addressed that yet.

Professur

Whatever, I can do that. Just tell me what happens the next time RM, Winky, H20, Gato, or Cerise insults someone? Just for the record and all.

What should happen is exactly what happened to you. I can't go on the record as I'm not staff. As for your pm's .... I'd suggest clearing them out instead. You can print them, y'know. Do you really want them in the control panel more than absolutely necessary? Gawd knows what damage they might accidentally do. besides, when you get bumped back to full status, you'll get full capacity back.

Professur

Cerise, if you've got nothing useful to say, do us all a big favour and say nothing ... for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.