POST YOUR "LOVE & LIFESTYLE" PHOTOS HERE!!! :-)

MuFu

I wear glasses so I normally look like this (Hayley in background sticking her hand in my neck, BTW)...

Attachment(s):

glasses.jpg, 44.61kb

glasses.jpg

MuFu

Student house we are living in next year, mwarghahahahahahaaaa!!!!

Attachment(s):

house1.jpg, 43.13kb

house1.jpg

MuFu

This is the kitchen. There's also a nice treehouse for "recreational smoking purposes". You guys are all invited round for a huge party. :D

Attachment(s):

house2.jpg, 60.56kb

house2.jpg

MuFu

Guava rolling experiment (don't try it, it's hardcore)... :D

Attachment(s):

guava.jpg, 25.35kb

guava.jpg

MuFu

Butter on the ceiling from the infamous butter fight of 03/03/02...

Attachment(s):

butter.jpg, 16.01kb

butter.jpg

MuFu

My mate matt passed out in the bushes, stoned out of his brains... :D

Sorry, it's 2:30am and I'm waiting for Spiderman to download!

:headbang:

Attachment(s):

19.JPG, 68.43kb

19.JPG

MuFu

I guess its a little too late to say sorry to people on dial-up. Or indeed, people with ywan-inducing broadband slowness. :D

MuFu.

MuFu

Never go back?! Do you mean "never come back"?!!! :eek:

I have to admit that only the cost of it prevents me from doing it again, plus the fact that I don't think I can top jumping out over a volcanic crater lake the size of Singapore in New Zealand here in the UK. I have loads of air-to-air photos and an air-to-air video to show for it too! :)

Awesome experience. Everybody should do it at least once in their lifetime. Strangely... it's not scary at all. Well, not as scary as I thought it would be anyway (maybe because I was slightly drunk from the night before). Something about your sense of scale going totally down the shitter than makes it more "fun" and less "pant wettingly scary". Best hangover cure ever though! :D

Ozzlie? You must have jumped a few times, dude...

MuFu.

greenfreak

I think I get the urge to skydive from my Dad-he was in the 101st Airborne division in the Vietnam war. He has so many pictures that he took while he was gliding to earth, it's awesome.

If you have other pictures, I'd love to see them. Last time I checked, a tandem jump from a place in NY was almost $300. I have asthma and I'm a little concerned about the air rushing into my lungs-weird, I know. Was it hard to breathe while you were descending? How high did the plane go up? How many seconds were you in free fall?

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Never jumped. Was going to bungee in Interlaken Switzerland, but the wait was just too long (probably wouldn't have been able to go the weekend I was there at all).

I went glacier climbing instead. :)

Never been skydiving... not sure why, just haven't ever seen a convinient place to do it.

MuFu

Glacier climbing r00lz. Another unforgettable thing I was lucky enough to do in my year out. :D

Originally posted by greenfreak
If you have other pictures, I'd love to see them. Last time I checked, a tandem jump from a place in NY was almost $300. I have asthma and I'm a little concerned about the air rushing into my lungs-weird, I know. Was it hard to breathe while you were descending? How high did the plane go up? How many seconds were you in free fall?

I actually have a whole roll of photos but they are at home at the moment. Maybe I'll scan some in and post them when I go back. :)

$300 sounds about the same price it is here. In New Zealand it was half that and included the video (very professionally done video) and stills. It's not hard to breathe but your mouth and throat do become very, very dry. The drop was done from 12,000ft over Lake Taupo on NZ's North Island. Freefall lasted about a minute but it seemed WAY shorter. When the canopyopened it was the most amazing, beautiful feeling, just silently floating in mid air. It was sunny and we were actually causing circular rainbows to be cast on neighbouring clouds. Pretty surreal. :)

Landing was a relief but all I wanted was to do it again! They almost didn't let me jump because I have a heart problem, but in the end I talked it through with the safety officer and actually did the jump with him in tandem. You should be fine. There's probably some info on the web as to whether its safe for asthmatics to jump.

Glad you liked the photos. You too, Shadowfax. :D;)

MuFu.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Circular rainbows are the bomb. You're lucky to have seen one, most people never do. There's just someting so... complete about them. :)