Price Of Movies Piss Me Off

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
looks nice :)

not THAT big though.... :confuse3:

we have a cinema that looks bigger in Rotterdam...maybe it's just the photo...:)

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
foto_schouwburg_02_groot.jpg

modern piece of shit, but big. :)

Scanty

that's cool :cool:

the Odeon is fucking humongous inside. Bear in mind, all the celebrities and stuff go there for the big premiers. The lobby alone is bigger than our whole cinema in town. I think the Harry Potter premier was on yesterday. *groan* All the little screaming kiddies and the 3 beaming stars, parents in tow...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
7 is nothing. We have one near here with 16. It is GIGANTIC.

I also think there are even bigger ones that I haven't been to.

Scanty

f239-18.jpg

better pic.

I'm not sure, to be honest Nixy. I was looking up on that, but i can't find an answer. :shrug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I don't know how deep that is but I will look some some pics of our theatres and how huge they are.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
god i love UK telephone :rolleye:

we rarely have them anymore around here.

still those cool busses driving around or are they replaced by newer models?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
telephone cells? :eyebrow:

*tries not to laugh* *laughs uncontrollably*

OH MY! I don't know why that's so funny but it is.

Telephone booths they are called.

Jeslek

Banned
Nixy said:
7 is nothing. We have one near here with 16. It is GIGANTIC.

I also think there are even bigger ones that I haven't been to.
Yeah, Famous Players at Square One, Mississauga has 18 screens and one IMAX screen. The building beside it, Cinexplex Odeon, has 14 screens. Thats 32 screens plus an IMAX screen in the same mall... And they don't show the same movies either, they have an arrangement not to show the same stuff, that way there is no competition and the prices are nice and high. :rolleyes:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah, the 16 screen one I was talking about was AMC Courtney Park. They are not that expensive actually, $8 for a student.

There is a cineplex odeon here in Brampton with 10 theatres that is $7 and is ony like $4 for matinees

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Morelia has one with 16 screens, 1 omniscreen (probably the IMAX screen you mentioned)

biggest cinema i've seen has 24 screens.