Question for non-Americans/Canadians

What do you think of Grits?

• They make me itch

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I like them warm with a little butter on top

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I could never figure out how the darn things work

• Applied mildly, they can lesson the burning and itching in the affected areas

• I am way to scared to answer this question

• Total voters

HeXp£Øi±

Please this is only for non Americans & Non Canadians Note:you are not permitted to do any research if you don't know what grits are. Just answer the fricken question.
What do you think of Grits?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
i don't know what are grits, and since i'm forbidden to do a research on it.......i can't answer :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I really dunno what they are, except what I think unc told me once, they sound pretty bad though :sick:

unclehobart

I like em... but they tend to be a blank platform. It just depends on what you put on them. Think of oatmeal. You can go sweet, sour, cheesey. Same idea.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:eek: now they sound sooooooooo much worse :eek:

*picturing cream of wheat and cornmeal, my only frames of reference*

unclehobart

Think of a mildly ground white high quality hominy served up cream of wheat style. A little butter, salt, and pepper. To me it depends on how its made. Theres a fine line between great and goop.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I think I'll stick with Cream of Wheat with milk and brown sugar :licklips:

*going the road I know, boring but safe*

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OK, I am Canadian and have NO idea what grits are

At Denny's they serve grits but I don't think I ever had them...

unclehobart

Nixy said:

I doubt that theyre real grits anyway. Grits in Canada would be about as suspect as Tacos in Japan.

Jeslek

Banned
unclehobart said:
Nixy said:

I doubt that theyre real grits anyway. Grits in Canada would be about as suspect as Tacos in Japan.
Grits is staple food in South Africa btw, which is why I found it absolutely disgusting. Everyone eating it all the time... nah, not for me.

unclehobart

Pap: Encountered at braais, pap is boiled corn meal. Pronounced "pup" it has the appearance, consistency and -- many say -- the taste of moist Plaster of Paris. Lots of South Africans pretend to like it. Eating pap is character-building in the sense that one learns to grin and bear adversity, rather like Americans in the South have grown spiritually by consuming grits. In a religious context, this process is called self-flagellation.

Thats thick corn goo ... not real southern grits. Southern grits is a finely ground hominy.

Jeslek

Banned
unclehobart said:
Pap: Encountered at braais, pap is boiled corn meal. Pronounced "pup" it has the appearance, consistency and -- many say -- the taste of moist Plaster of Paris. Lots of South Africans pretend to like it. Eating pap is character-building in the sense that one learns to grin and bear adversity, rather like Americans in the South have grown spiritually by consuming grits. In a religious context, this process is called self-flagellation.

Thats thick corn goo ... not real southern grits. Southern grits is a finely ground hominy.
I have had southern grits, and while it taste different, by only a little margin, its still disgusting to me. lol.

And, I love the way you use the word pretend up there. :D I fully agree with you, but um, I don't think my dad does.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
PuterTutor said:
I think of them as Cream of Wheat gone horribly wrong.

Take a drive down to a small Mississippi town & find the place that all the farmers eat breakfast. Order grits & country ham & enjoy yourself immensely.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I've had true grits. South Carolina grits, where everything you order for breakfast comes with grits. Toast? Ok, here's your grits.