question for the uk ladies (and maybe guys) about bra-type cup sizes

BlurOfSerenity

i'm trying to decide whether or not to bid on a corset i found on ebay, but the deciding factor will likely lie in this:

would a 40C over here be the same as 40C in the uk?

Inkara1

I'd venture to guess there would be a difference, because the 40 is, I believe, either 34 or 35 inches around plus a number added to make it even. The british don't measure their chests in inches, as far as I know.

MizzFizzTheBizz

ash r said:
it is entirely possible i know absolutely nothing about corsets, nor how to size them

go to fredericks.com and there is a conversion chart. according to that a UK 40 c is a USA 40 b hope it helps

Inkara1

Or, maybe you could lobby for a trip to London for a bra-fitting. They might look at you like the RCA dog, but the oddness of the request might be enough to shock them into saying yes. :D

CS

I'm not sure. With shoe sizes, etc. American sizes are slightly different to UK ones.

32B is an average in the UK I think for bra sizes, so I think a 40C would be pretty huge.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
hmmm ive only measured by feel. :p so come here and lemme check. Im a professional at this.

MuFu

CS said:
I'm not sure. With shoe sizes, etc. American sizes are slightly different to UK ones.

32B is an average in the UK I think for bra sizes, so I think a 40C would be pretty huge.

:eek:

Nah man, it's ~36C I think. Maybe 32B if you count the kiddies but let's not go there...

MuFu.

freako104

ash why not jsut go to a store site? its more likely to not have anything(you dont know how worn the clothes from ebay are) and will have a size range