Reagan's Budget Director Opposes Extending Bush Tax Cuts

valkyrie

Fix our deficit first by putting budgetary checks in place for ALL departments (including military!). THEN give the tax cuts. I, for one, am EMBARRASSED as an American that we owe so much to Chinese. THIS IS THE FUCKING CHINESE FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!! COMMUNIST CHINESE. Chrissakes people! Commies! And we OWE them.
*/shakes head in shame

spike

now see....
you see what you want to see.
He said nothing of cutting, just accounting, and that won't even be done.

Yes, you have to account for the loss of revenue by making cuts. Bush didn't do that and the tax cuts caused us to have a gigantic deficit.

Do the cuts First, THEN we can talk taxes.

Yes, if Bush had done that we wouldn't have such a mess now.

valkyrie

The tax rebate was implemented by Bush (as a political ploy). Then he handed out a big dump truck load of cash (no strings attached) to the banks.

catocom

Most of TARP was still there supposedly, when Obama took office,
Then he added a couple more trillion.

Don't get me wrong.
I think Bush turned on Capitalism there at the end, and is not blameless,
just not as much.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Bush cut taxes but didn't cut expenses. He increased expenses..and gave you that nice DEFICIT that you're living with now.

The deficit will hit $482 billion in the 2009 budget year that will be inherited by Democrat Barack Obama or Republican John McCain, the White House estimated Monday.
Huffing & Puffing ton post

The National Debt is $13.2 Trillion!

Source

Article 1 said:
Section. 8.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Must be GW's fault

valkyrie

I have posted this before and here it is if you want to know what the US deficit was at any particular date (to the day)...
Debt to the Penny

Total public debt outstanding on January 19, 2009:
$ 10,628,881,485,510.23

This is what was inherited on January 20, 2009 by the current administration.

To be fair... G.W. Bush inherited the following on January 19, 2001:
$ 5,727,776,738,304.64

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm glad your seeing how the Bush tax cuts ran up the debt finally. They aren't the only culprit for our current debt but it certainly is still a big part.

If the Congress fails to cut spending, that is not a judgement on a tax-cut. It is a spending issue.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I have posted this before and here it is if you want to know what the US deficit was at any particular date (to the day)...
Debt to the Penny

Total public debt outstanding on January 19, 2009:
$ 10,628,881,485,510.23

This is what was inherited on January 20, 2009 by the current administration.

To be fair... G.W. Bush inherited the following on January 19, 2001:
$ 5,727,776,738,304.64

So, on the day that a Democrat controlled Congress took over (6 years after GW took over) the debt was 8,680,224,380,086.18. About 3trillion dollars over 6 years.

In two years, the Democrat controlled Congress added 2trillion.

Now, after 18 months of Obama & a Democrat controlled Congress got together, it's 13,302,301,677,300.10 (another 3 trillion).

Them Dems sure can spend. $5,000,000,000,000 over 42 months.

spike

If the Congress fails to cut spending, that is not a judgement on a tax-cut. It is a spending issue.

They go hand in hand. If Bush wanted the tax cuts he should have accounted for them in his budget.

spike

In two years, the Democrat controlled Congress added 2trillion.

Yes Bush added a lot at the end with TARP he screwed up the economy.

It's funny how you only put any blame on Congress when Bush is in office but of course you bring Obama into it now. Transparent, but still funny.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's funny how you only put any blame on Congress when Bush is in office but of course you bring Obama into it now. Transparent, but still funny.

vision problems?

Now, after 18 months of Obama & a Democrat controlled Congress got together, it's 13,302,301,677,300.10 (another 3 trillion).

Them Dems sure can spend. $5,000,000,000,000 over 42 months.

spike

vision problems?

No, you?

1. "In two years, the Democrat controlled Congress added 2trillion." <- notice president not responsible.

2. "after 18 months of Obama & a Democrat controlled Congress" <- notice president responsible.

spike

Oh he's out fer'sher, a ONE term destroyer Obama is.

We plan on cleaning your entire side of the isle out. Lying bastards.

ZOMG NOEZ! Predictions of the future with no basis in reality!

I predict we'll clean your lying bastards out.

Hey look, I can do it too.