Record labels

dan

Do you have a favourite label... where you know that, in general, you'll like most of the stuff on there?

Factory records were the soundtrack to my youth, Ninja Tune have put out a lot of stuff i've been impressed with recently, and I'm sure I should check out more Verve stuff after listening to a couple of compilations from them recently.

BlurOfSerenity

ummmm,,, columbia, nitro, capitol, nothing, interscope.... mostly nothing records, tho, i suppose. nin, manson, and others.

whoreable

i think epitaph has alot of my favoriate records :( but i don't know if i actually like em that much. shit i guess it is better capitol though.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Labels are full of scum sucking lawyers who steal you blind & screw the musician & should be outlawed forever,:headbang:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Is there something you'd like to get off your chest Gonz? Perhaps you wouldn't be so moody if you quit rooting for the Raiders.

Inkara1

I have two bixes full of vinyl. Some ass-fucker fucked up my turntable, though, so now I have to replace the needle in order to listen to any of my records. :mad:

BlurOfSerenity

there are shelves upon shelves of old vinyl in the living room. my mom loves her records, we listen to them sometimes. she mostly plays Strawbs and the Moody Blues lately, altho she's very recently also gotten a lot of moodies albums on cd, too. my dad has a lot of records too.
i think i have the soundtrack to "hello dolly". i'm not familiar with it at all, and i have no idea why i own it.

Inkara1

My mom has the British pressings of To Our Children's Children's Children, Every Good Boy Deserves Favour and A Question of Balance. Those records are quite old, but the bass response is a lot stronger than even the digitally remastered CD versions of some of the songs.

BlurOfSerenity

god i love the moody blues. i'm mostly familiar with Every good boy... , because it formerly was the only one mom had on cd, so i sort of... took it. lol.
i love "my song". it's so wonderful. also... the song before it, the, "i dont know what im searchin for, i never have opened the door..." etc, that's such a great song. and the one that part of it goes "i've been doin my best, what else can i do??"
um... i dont really know the song titles, because i didnt convieniently have the cd case near me at any point:(
i love the instrumentals at the end of the first track, and i love how the first track breaks into Story in your eyes.
*dies*
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Mongoose

I saw the Moodies live in Oxford last year. they still rock!

Can I be cheeky and say my fav label is Purple Records?