remorse

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah, whatever. we all know why you invoke "hussein."

oh, there it is!

Muslim middle name.

hey why don't you start referring to me as the guy with the "jew middle name." why don't you do that? see how it goes over. really.

no?

valkyrie

Only the left gets lathered up over the use of the word "Hussein".

Don't pretend you haven't tried to agitate.
I'm sorry... someone explain to me why the name "Hussein" is bad? It's a name, yes? Why not pick on any part of the rest of his name? Why his middle name? Someone enlighten me?

spike

reading comprehension - fail

Just trying to follow your logic. It looked like it went something like this.

Obama's popularity will plummet faster than Rosie in a wave pool.

Rosie is shit and therefore floats at the top.

Obama's popularity will stay at the top.

Cerise

I'm sorry... someone explain to me why the name "Hussein" is bad? It's a name, yes? Why not pick on any part of the rest of his name? Why his middle name? Someone enlighten me?

You're going to have to ask the person that has pent-up hostilities over the reason.....;)

Cerise

Nice "rebound:"

On Mar 5: 6,594.44 Down 281.40 (4.09%)

b

How's that "economic pattern" working out for ya?

Cerise

The View From Your Recession

I work for a small, 5-year old non-profit arts organization in Illinois. A couple of our usual big donors have indicated we should be prepared for smaller donations this year, and possibly none in the next couple of years. The are mentioning Obama's tax plans and their need to save money now in anticipation of that.

A lot of my colleagues in the not-for-profit world are really scared right now, and we are not happy with Obama. We hear the rhetoric that the government is going to have a reserve to give to non-profits that will make up for some of the lost donations, but the fact is, we have never received federal aid, and likely never would (assuming the organization could even make it that far).

Organizations are going to be killed under Obama's plan. I may have voted myself out of a job, and voted a whole community of kids out of art-making opportunities. Frankly, this sucks.

"I may have voted myself out of a job." :rolleyes:

That's the least amount of damage the Obamaloons did.

jimpeel

Perhaps you should be looking at daily charts instead of quarterly or 1/2 yearly. Most stocks bob throughout a typical day..as does the DJIA.

The DJIA's been dropping heavily since November 08 or so... and it, like many stocks, are based on confidence...not confidence in the President, but confidence in the banks and their ability to provide credit and secure deposits. Which is precisely why banks are being bailed out of their bad paper... to rebuild confidence in the banks.

Yes, but she said:

The market hasn't been bobbing up and down day to day since he was selected.

She did not say "during the course of a day." Only then would your chart would have had merit.

Perhaps you should have used this chart:

ED-AJ102_1obama_NS_20090302200015.gif

jimpeel

that's one of the silliest things i've heard in the last 14 years.

yeah, and you're blaming the guy who just took office for an economic pattern that anyone with a brain foresaw quite some time ago and that has been snowballing for at least the past year or two?

that's the silliest thing i've heard since... that last thing you said.

Obama doesn't give a shit what happens to the stock market or how far it sinks.

Obama: Stock 'fits and starts' are normal reaction
Mar 3 12:44 PM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama is comparing the stock market to the daily tracking polls used during campaigns, saying that paying too close attention to Wall Street's "fits and starts" could lead to bad long-term policy.

Obama spoke to reporters Tuesday after meeting in the Oval Office with visiting British Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Obama said he is not measuring policies against "the day-to-day gyrations of the stock market," but by whether lending is flowing more freely, businesses are investing and the unemployed are going back to work.

He said he is "absolutely confident" that those things will happen. But the president also said it will take time for the mistakes of the past to work their way through the system.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

jimpeel

holy fucking beaver christ!

stock market has a bit of a rebound because of stuff happening in china.

no it ain't china! it's obama, the prime mover of all social change for the last five weeks.

everything is because of him. peace be upon his name.

Oh yeah? Well Bush caused a hurricane. Let's see him do that!

jimpeel

Obama tried to hide his middle name; and anyone who used it was accused of everything from racism to paranoia.

spike

Obama doesn't give a shit what happens to the stock market or how far it sinks.

I see where you went wrong there. You took "not measuring policies against the day-to-day gyrations of the stock market" and made a crazy illogical translation to "doesn't give a shit what happens to the stock market or how far it sinks".

It's almost as if you didn't actually read the quote and just made shit up out of thin air.

Obama tried to hide his middle name; and anyone who used it was accused of everything from racism to paranoia.

Umnnn....no. Making up more crap is what that is.

Bush caused a hurricane.

Again no.

MrBishop

Yes, but she said:

She did not say "during the course of a day." Only then would your chart would have had merit.

Perhaps you should have used this chart:

ED-AJ102_1obama_NS_20090302200015.gif
WOuld a 5-day chart make you see it more clearly?
w

The whole point is that the market fluctuates. Yes, the quarterly trend is downwards. What Obama is saying is that you shouldn't be concentrating on the day to day fluctuations but viewing it more long-term. Now it a good time to buy because the stock prices are depressed.

Your chart is misleading... this 5-year chart will show you that the market hasn't been doing all that well for a while.
_dji

I'd put the beginning of the drop in May 2007...long before Obama was Inaugurated. Your cahrt is more like the infamous 'hockey stick of IPCC doom"

Frank Probity

Oh yeah? Well Bush caused a hurricane. Let's see him do that!

You know jimpeel, if you continue to make wild accusations, you will be cursed in eternity with the fleas of one thousand camels.
But, everybody knows President Bush did not cause a hurricane. The hurricane to which you refer was created by Karl Rove or Dick Cheney. President Bush never thought of anything on his own and who created the hurricane depends on whose knee President Bush was sitting on the day in question. :elaugh4:

H2O boy

hmmm yeah lucky for dubya he didn't have some foreign-sounding name that could be used in inflammatory ways by smaller minds. hey man you can try to spin any way you want but we all know what it means.

do tell

you get that mind reading certificate in a cracker jack box or from an online college?

oh, my bad. you libs know everydamnthing. so sorry. do carry on

H2O boy

A message from our duly elected president:

3334396006_c559582477.jpg

oh wow. the messiah he hath touched me with his noodly appendage. i am healed. i now see clearly

*seeing clearly*

yep. hussein's still incompetent and his slobbering masses of dumbass acolytes are still pathetic

see i got some sticks and stones too kiddies